I need prayers about Engine Out Service on my Ferrari.

by james_woods 65 Replies latest jw friends

• finally awake
    finally awake

No Moshe, that's the truck and camper we currently own LOL. We don't move the camper very often, it mostly lives at the campground. We keep the truck at home, because yu\ou never know when you're gonna need a truck.

• james_woods
    james_woods

Thank you Finally Awake - but I find that I like to travel a little lighter than that.

• finally awake
    finally awake

But Just ROn says it's a CLASSIC! LOL

• JeffT
    JeffT

OK, there as been new light. You have divine approval to buy a new old car.

• Scott77
    Scott77

Hi James woods, you have my prayer to make a good decision.

Scott77

• Scott77
    Scott77

Wow, all of these you have to remove what a lot of work for James Woods. How about shoppin gfor a new engine to lengthen the life of you beloved ferrari?

Scott77

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

You do not drive it far, is there a guide based on km's (sorry miles) as well as years?

I am going on a drive day next month that includes a F430.

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

The "engine light" came on in my Toyota Corolla about 5 years ago. In my state, an engine light means an automatic motor vehicle inspection FAIL.

What works is disconnecting the battery terminals for 30 min. The light goes away for enough time to pass inspection.

• moshe
    moshe

Seems that it's not good to park the cam belts in one location for a long time-- localized stress!

"A friend bought my '89, which is now at 15-1/2 years old and 14,000 miles, still on the original belts. Apparently our technique of cranking the engine over every couple weeks to move the belts around works, as this car still runs out to redline without having a belt failure. I've checked the belts several times using a flexible borescope and they still look fine-"

James- have you had a borescope inspection done to look for cracks and missing teeth?

• NVR2L8
    NVR2L8

James, I have similar issues with my K1200GT BMW motorcycle...not only do I have to take off the whole fairing to do any mechanical service, but when it comes to even changing the spark plugs I have to take the radiator out...talk about "smart" engineering. On the other end, the thrill of riding this 152 HP machine makes me forget the maintenance assles and high cost.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit