Greetings from a new member

by EdenOne 110 Replies latest jw friends

• EdenOne
    EdenOne

Being an apostate is a far less intimidating thought than to be an "ex-Jehova's Witness".

Because I believe that every worshipper of God who knows his name is Jehovah and is willing to abide by his sovereignity is indeed a Jehovah's Witness, regardeless of what christian religion he affiliates with or even if one doesn't affiliate with any christian religion. That's why no Governing Body can disfellowship me from being a Christian and a Jehovah's Witness. They can terminate my membership card to their club, but that's a different subject.

(Edit to cofty: or YHWH, Yahweh, or the tetragrammon)

Eden

• cofty
    cofty

His name isn't Jehovah.

• 00DAD
    00DAD

Eden: They can terminate my membership card to their club, but that's a different subject.

The way you're headed, they will be doing that soon. And in this case, "soon" can be taken in the normal sense of the word, not the "Armageddon is coming soon" usage typical of WT fear-mongering rhetoric.

But since you feel that way, why not just quit attending meetings?

Eden: Still an active member in good standing of a Jehovah's Witnesses congregation in my country, and honestly not planning to change that status

What's up with that? Do you think Jehovah approves of you, an apostate from the perspective of the WTBTS/JW/GB, remaining a religion that would kick you out in a heartbeat if they knew what you really thought and what you're doing with your website and posting here?

If you really disagree with the GB leadership, then why stay and pretend to go along with their program? That's clearly duplicitous and dishonest.

00DAD

• EdenOne
    EdenOne

I'm in a disadvantage here, being a newbie and having to wait until I can post again ....

I disagree with the WTS in many things, but I don't disagree with them on many other things. In THEIR prespective, unless I agree blindly with everything they write, I'm not fit to be one of the Jehovah's Witness. Well, I beg to differ. Of course I have to thread carefully, I know how swift a judicial comitee would be formed if I would be suspected of being an apostate. I would like to be spared the trauma of dealing with shunning from family and friends. Is that hypocritical? You're entitled to that opinion. But try to not be too self-righteous about it.

Still, I find the meetings routine to give me a sense of spiritual care that I find necessary; I only need to weed out those things I came to believe that are in error.

Eden

• 00DAD
    00DAD

Eden: I would like to be spared the trauma of dealing with shunning from family and friends. Is that hypocritical?

Of course, no one should be threatened with shunning. Even the WTBTS says that, publicly:

“No one should be forced to worship in a way that he finds unacceptable or be made to choose between his beliefs and his family.” - Awake! July 2009

In reality, we all know that the policy of institutionalized shunning is a major coercive threat used by the WTBTS to keep the R&F either in-line or out of the congregation.

I'm sorry if you feel I'm being self-righteous. That is not my intent. If you'd read many of my posts you'd know that. I'm just pointing out the obvious contradictions in your current position and your statements.

It's a process.

Eden: I only need to weed out those things I came to believe that are in error.

Agreed. This is what we all must do. The problem is that if one is "a member in good-standing in the congregation" you are not allowed to do that. The WTBTS has done all the thinking for you. Your opinions are most definitely NOT wanted. And if you do have any, then keep them to yourself or you'll soon be by yourself.

Some things to think about, no?

I look forward to hearing more from you. You obviously take this seriously.

00DAD

• james_woods
    james_woods

EdenOne - I find you to be very confused.

Again: why not try to learn something here rather than trying to preach to everybody?

• cofty
    cofty
    I disagree with the WTS in many things, but I don't disagree with them on many other things.

EdenOne - When somebody realises they are lost it's natural for them to assume they are only slightly lost. Often the reality is less encouraging.

I think all of us who left for doctrinal reasons have been where you are now.

• ABibleStudent
    ABibleStudent

Hi Eden, If you remember the Bible Story of the transformation of Saul into Paul, it is only a matter of time before your mind will be fully open to all the false doctrines of the WTBTS. When that time comes, please remember to read Steve Hassan's books because it may help you to heal faster emotionally. In the mean time, welcome again and please keep on posting on JWN.

By the way do you know who Raymond Franz was and have you read Raymond Franz's books (i.e., " Crisis of Conscience " and " In Search of Christian Freedom"). Raymond Franz was a former member of the GB in the 1980's. Here is a link to Wikipedia that briefly describes him: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Raymond_Franz.

Peace be with you and everyone, who you love,

Robert

• EdenOne
    EdenOne

A BibleStudent - I've read Crisis of Conscience and am familiar with Ray Franz.

to James Woods - Am I getting the 'James Woods' treatment from you, is it? I've been coming to this website for many months, anonymously, so I've learned something already, and it's time for me to come out and play. Besides, I didn't come here to preach, rather to discuss. I informed people about my status and my website, for due fairness. Do you object that I state my opinions? Your attitude seems to be "Shut up and learn you JW ignorant". If that's the case, you're no better than the Governing Body that you so detest.

00DAD - Yes, I take it seriously, of course. otherwise I would turn my back and dedicate myself to other affairs. I have plenty of things to do in my life, if i choose to, both professionaly and in the artistic field. If I dedicate my efforts in this field it's because i find it a very serious thing. It's a process, for sure. I can't yet see where will it lead to. But that won't stop me from studying the Bible and discuss it with others.

Eden

• Christ Alone
    Christ Alone

Besides, I didn't come here to preach, rather to discuss.

I like you, Eden. You're a refreshing change from some of the other JWs that we've had on this site recently...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit