Greetings from a new member

by EdenOne 110 Replies latest jw friends

• EdenOne
    EdenOne

Greetings everyone.

Just wanted to say hello to everyone, being a new member from Western Europe.

Some may know me from another forum (Eden, from e-jehovas-witnesses.com), but most don't, so this is my little intro.

Male, in my early 40's. Still an active member in good standing of a Jehovah's Witnesses congregation in my country, and honestly not planning to change that status, despite my unorthodox beliefs. Sometime I will elaborate the reason why i don't feel I must leave.

I also run a website (www.cfjp.weebly.com) where I publish the results of some Bible research.

I've followed some of the work of some of you who have an intervention here (Cedars, for example), and so I thought it was time to come out and play.

Thank you for accepting my membership. I tried to sign up as "Eden" but apparently that name was taken, so I used EdenOne. But I will always sign my posts as Eden, unless someone objects to that.

Best regards to all,

Eden

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Welcome Eden ! looking forward to hearing more of your thoughts !

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

Welcome!

• BlindersOff1
    BlindersOff1

Welcome

• Pterist
    Pterist

**** Male, early 40's, from Western Europe. Still an active member in good standing of a Jehovah's Witnesses congregation in my country, and honestly not planning to change that status****

Welcome Eden, but why are you disobeying the leadership by hanging out here with apostates and atheists ?

• cofty
    cofty

Hi Eden

I had a brief look at your website. It sounds like you believe precisely the same as the Watchtower on everything.

Biblical inerrancy

Divine name - even in NT

Creation of Jesus

Non-personal holy spirit

Literal 144 000

Armageddon & paradise earth

Political neutrality

etc etc

Do you dissent with the GB about anything?

• EdenOne
    EdenOne

Hello Pterist and cofty.

My allegiance is to Jehovah, not to the Governing Body. However, I still feel comfortable being a Witness. And despite common belief among JW's, my vow of baptism doesn't bind me to an earthly organization. In my view, it only binds me to a heavenly organization.

cofty,

Yes I agree with the GB in many things, that's why I'm still a Witness ;) However, there are MANY things I disagree, and that's why I'm here. If you take a look beyond the "basic beliefs" section, and look at the article "Two kings at War" you see an example of how much I differ from the GB. And I intend to publish many other examples. Btw, where do you see that I believe that 144.000 is a literal number? What you see there is simply a quote. I may or may not believe it's literal.

Eden

• tornapart
    tornapart

Welcome Eden. I'm still associated with JWs because of family still in. I had a quick look at your website and it looks interesting. :)

• cofty
    cofty

Hi Eden.

To be honest there is no chance of me reading a long article on the so-called prophetic book of Daniel - I had decades of that.

How do you differ from a Jehovah's Witness in terms of doctrine or practice? Is it just a matter of the authority of the GB?

• man oh man
    man oh man

Welcome Eden! I find the governing body to be wrong on most things. Especially their own appointment! lol

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit