Greetings from a new member

by EdenOne 110 Replies latest jw friends

• EdenOne
    EdenOne

cofty,

I would recommend you reading it, nevertheless, at least if you have interest in history. It'll be worth your while.

The big difference in that article is that, while the GB is convinced that Daniel 11 still has a fulfillment in the future (see the book Pay Attention to Daniel's Prophecy for the official theology on it) I think I demonstrate competently that its fulfillment is already complete in the distant past and we shouldn't be looking for a fulfillment of that prophecy in the future.

Eden

• tornapart
    tornapart

The thing is, once you start finding that they are wrong on 'some' things it sets the ball rolling. You begin to realise that there are more and more and more things wrong. Then the more questions you ask the more questions you'll find. In the end you realise there's very little left to agree with. Especially when you drop the NWT and start reading other translations.

• happy@last
    happy@last

Welcome Eden

• EdenOne
    EdenOne

tornapart,

that is the drama of many of us who have a different opinion than that of the GB but the implications of leaving the congregation are too serious to ignore. I can relate to your situation as well. Nevertheless, all things considered, and even if family weren't a factor, I would still consider myself a christian Witness.

Eden

• tornapart
    tornapart

Well Eden, all I can say is you are going to have to tread very carefully if you want to stay one! Make sure you keep your anonimity and don't let anyone find out about your website because even a slight deviation is counted as 'apostacy' and you'll be kicked right out the door! Just be as cautious as you can!

• EdenOne
    EdenOne

tornapart,

I also came to realization that the NWT is a competent translation on the Hebrew Scriptures, but on the Greek Scriptures is definetly very biased and "interpretative". That's why these days, when I make a research, I try to look at other translations as well, just in case. And sometimes it really pays off.

Eden

• james_woods
    james_woods

Marking for later...

• EdenOne
    EdenOne

...and thank you all for the warm welcome :)

But...hmmm....how can I change this terrible avatar? :P

Eden

• Pterist
    Pterist

Edenone **** I also came to realization that the NWT is a competent translation on the Hebrew Scriptures,******

Just recently I had a question on how the WBTS rendered Jeremiah 25:29, to prove the "start" of the 70 years for "everything" .....

Whats your opinion on the translation of this verse ?

Here is the link ... http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/watchtower/beliefs/243993/10/The-Gentile-Times-Reconsidered-607-B-C-E-Part-A1-Jeremiah-25-10-12-Reviewed

Thanks in advance

• cofty
    cofty

Eden - regarding your avatar you need to sign up for a free account at gravitar.com and link a pic of your choice to the email address you registered here.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit