Long time listener first time caller

by Defianttruth 52 Replies latest jw experiences

• whathappened
    whathappened

Powerful, powerful story. So sorry for all you have suffered. We warmly welcome you and want to hear more from you, as to your recovery.

• goatshapeddemon
    goatshapeddemon

Great story. For a second as i was reading your story I wondered if you were my brother joining before realizing another moment later that significant parts didn't add up (the abuse you suffered, for example - so very sorry). He too is an extremely gifted engineer and I suspect you both would have interesting notes to compare.

I appreciate the fondness you shared for the elder who was so kind to you - it's easy to allow suffering to create indiscriminate bitterness if one isn't careful.

Anyway, welcome to the board! You will find like-minded people here who are happy to have you in our midst.

• konceptual99
    konceptual99

Welcome. Shocking story but thanks for sharing.

• cobaltcupcake
    cobaltcupcake

Welcome! What an inspirational story!

• ABibleStudent
    ABibleStudent

Welcome Defianttruth. You should be very proud of what you have accomplished and what you had to overcome.

If you want to help your wife to understand what you have been through, she should read Steve Hassan's books (i.e., "Combatting Cult Mind Control", "Releasing the Bonds: Empowering People to Think for Themselves", and "Freedom of Mind: Helping Loved Ones Leave Controlling People, Cults and Beliefs"). You might also benefit from reading Hassan's books to learn how to communicate better with your JW family members and your workout Elder buddy.

Peace be with you and everyone, who you love,

Robert

• Pams girl
    Pams girl

Welcome to the JWN family, thanks for sharing your story

Paula

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

Welcome, great story!

It sure can be painful at times, though.

• jemba
    jemba

Welcome DefiantTruth, Wow amazing story!

I feel our lives were similar, my parents were also very abusive, my Mum was the violent one and you never knew when a beating was coming on, very unsettling.

I was made to get baptised. My parents kicked me out at 15 as I said I didnt want to go to meetings anymore, being so naivve I walked straight into a worse situation where I was drugged, raped and attacked with a knife.

This cult needs to be advertised for what it really is, a mind control, money grabbing, real estate company.

That is my new focus, outting this shitty cult to anyone who will listen!

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere

Wow. Quite the introductory post. Thank you for sharing your story with us.

So very happy to have you join JWN.

-Aude Sapere (meaning: Dare to Know; Dare to Have Wisdom/Understanding; Dare to Think for Yourself)

• insearchoftruth4
    insearchoftruth4

Fantastic story Defianttruth! it is time to have some fun, helps to battle depression. The hurt just doesn't seem to go away so easily when our hearts have been broken. I hope you find inner peace as well as all of us who have been victims of this EVIL religion........ Insotr4.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit