Christianity gives you....ummm...ummm....exactly what?

by Terry 120 Replies latest watchtower bible

• unstopableravens
    unstopableravens

sorry but none are worthy the only one who is worthy is god himself (rev 4:11 rev 5:12) if we were tested all would fail, we all sin so we desreve the penality.so after we die we stand before our holy god and if be die in our sins than we will have to answer for him. but we have one life to believe on jesus to have our sins wiped out, thats why christ has given us the way of salvation, himself, so yes he has done alot for those who surrender to him. hope that answer your question totiredtocare

• tootired2care
    tootired2care

"Salvation" to/from what exactly?

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

We are dealing with a hell believer here. So really, if the only options are burning forever or eternal servitude, in this mythology, true love would have dictated not to give life at all.

• unstopableravens
    unstopableravens

can you expound what your asking? i just want to make sure were on the same page bud.

• tootired2care
    tootired2care

You stated "salvation" it's your show mate.

• Sulla
    Sulla

Excellent question. It's like a baby: when it's not a pain in the ass, it is mostly pointless. Doesn't do anything at all, really. Most people are better off avoiding both.

• unstopableravens
    unstopableravens

new chapter i was not trying to talk about hell, come on you know where im coming from we have talked, totiredtocare : as you know jesus is the only way to the father he saved us from an eteranaly away from god,if jesus did not pay for our sins, it would be impossible for us to live forever ,and more importantly with our creator.

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

Unstop, I thought you believed in Hell----from our conversations. Are you now saying that you don't? Because the only real reason to be concerned about some kind of judgement is punishment. If you are a Hell believer, then there are two options for those that have life. Eternal punishment or eternal servitude. I argue that in a mythology such as that, not giving life at all would have been the most loving thing. Why give something to set people up for eternity with these two options? Unless you have changed your belief on Hell. Not sure what you are saying.

• AGuest
    AGuest

I have to agree with dear tec, dear Terry (the greatest of love and peace to you both!): nothing. Christianity gives ME... GAVE me... absolutely nothing. LESS than nothing, if there can be such a thing. Which is different from Christ... who promises to give me... and my entire household (think, Rahab)... life. Eternally. And, from where I sit... that IS something. Because no one else I know of can make that claim, let alone prove good on it. Even so, I have come to know, and thus love him... so the whole life thing is just a "cherry on top." Just the fact that I get to know such an individual... that he allows me to... "gives" me such a privilege... is sufficient for me.

Peace to you!

A slave of Christ, but most probably one considered an "enemy" by christianity,

SA

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

Christ... on the other hand... is a different matter.

So you aren't Christian?

Christianity gives ME... GAVE me... absolutely nothing. LESS than nothing, if there can be such a thing.

So you aren't Christian either?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit