Christianity gives you....ummm...ummm....exactly what?

by Terry 120 Replies latest watchtower bible

• unstopableravens
    unstopableravens

tec ,when i say not put up with i do not mean listen to discuss but to believe that a person can have a false jesus and have true salvation is wrong. its hard when righting sometimes to know what a person is saying, more so with me because im better at talking than writing!

• tec
    tec

So by 'not put up with' you meant we should dispute something we see as a lie (with words), with the truth. I was thinking that you must have meant that. Though we cannot change what others think on our own... and so the most we can do is discuss, and speak, and others will do with that what they will.

I think my point was that they show respect to Christ, the cornerstone of our faith.

So we can do the same to theirs, even if we disagree with what they believe.

That was the do unto others that I meant.

Peace,

tammy

• still thinking
    still thinking

Muslims (though just as with any nation or religion, you cannot lump them in as one) respect and acknowledge Christ and His teachings. Not as the Son of God, but as a prophet. In either case, they do show respect to Him and His teachings, and as such, I would not be one to disrespect the one whom they love and hold in high regard.

It does not mean that I have to agree. Just means showing the respect that one would like to receive...tec

That's interesting. So should you also respect JWs? Since of course they still respect and acknowledge Christ and his teachings...even though they worship Jehovah they still believe Jesus is Gods son not just a prophet.

• unstopableravens
    unstopableravens

tec is exactly what i meant, i just know its importance (john 8:24)

• wtfever
    wtfever

It gives us this jewel of a story,

for approximately, according to the bible, 4000 years, god allowed humans to waller in ignorance due to the disobiedience of adam and eve eating some fruit and this really made him mad! He already knew about this before hand because he is omnipotent and knows the future but it made him mad even still. He devises a plan to save humanity from a hell he created for them by coming to earth and impregnating a young jewish virgin and be born through her and appear to an illiterate group of people in palistein performing miracles and walking on water in front of a few friends and raising the dead...well a few of the dead when he wanted too! Afterwards having himself (or his son...even worse if you think this) tortured and killed in a blood sacrifice to himself rather than just using his power to forgive in the first place in order to satisfy his blood lust and later revealing this plan to more illiterate people and having this word passed down through half drunken translators and scholars who today cannot even agree on the correct interpretation of the word virgin....does this sound like the best plan that even you...you fallible sinful lustful worthless piece of a human crap couldn't do better than. You want to worship this ok....I will be in the seats watching!

im sorry for the mis spellings I cannot get spell check to work

• clarity
    clarity

Psac ....

"Christianity gives you what you put into it."

>

Yes, put a lot of effort into it, work and do good things

in christ' name and sit in church and feel good.

Reminds me of the wt.

>

Remember, the GB says to ..."make it real, for yourself,

picture paradise in your mind ...MAKE it REAL!"

>

If it were REAL ....we wouldn't be instructed to

MAKE it REAL .......it would be REAL.

• tec
    tec

That's interesting. So should you also respect JWs? Since of course they still respect and acknowledge Christ and his teachings...even though they worship Jehovah they still believe Jesus is Gods son not just a prophet.

I absolutely do show respect to them (though I don't see them around almost ever... since someone in my house is not of the same mind as me on this issue of respect, lol). I can disagree - even vehemently - and still show respect.

I do not, however, respect teachings that bring about harm and take people away from Christ.

There is a difference though... in that they are supposed to be of the same faith.

Islam does not make this claim.

They are an entirely different religion, and they acknowledge, respect, and even love Christ - at least as a prophet and man. I think that is something significant. There is a reason people put much credence into Ghandi liking Christ. He is not of the same faith, and still acknowledge and respects the man and his teachings.

peace,

tammy

• Terry
    Terry

Karen Armstron is one of my favorite writers.

History of God was a great book!

The simultaneous tracing of the three monotheist religions was riveting. I think I learned something on almost every page.

Especially about the Kabbala...

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

I've listened to Karen Armstrong many a time on Krista Tippet's show Speaking of Faith now called On Being on NPR. I think Ms Armstrong is fascinating.

• still thinking
    still thinking

There is a difference though... in that they are supposed to be of the same faith.

Who says they are supposed to be of the same faith? They have their own version of faith, just like the rest of Christianity and many individuals who don't identify with any christian religion but still call themselves christian.

JWs still respect and acknowledge christs teachings. Just like Islam.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit