Why Isn't the USA the Safest Country in the World With All the Guns

by RubaDub 88 Replies latest jw friends

• tootired2care
    tootired2care

in my country if you got no wife ... got not job ... its time to go surfing.

For good mental health that is probably how it should be, far too much importance is placed on status in our country.

• Low-Key Lysmith
    Low-Key Lysmith

When was the last time an "outlaw" went nuts and shot multiple anonymous innocent people?

I would have to say that makes them automatically an outlaw, but hey, you get the argument for argument's sake award.

• panhandlegirl
    panhandlegirl

One of the problems, imo, with the mind of Americans is all the violence that young (and old) people are exposed to on tv and video games.When people

are constantly exposed to violence it becomes accepted. As someone said, OJ did not need a gun to kill his wife ( yes I know he was found

innocent).People can use any means to kill other than a gun, they can use a car bomb or anything else they can think to use. I have always believed

it is the violence that we have grown to accept that makes people capable of doing such violence toward others.

PHG

• jgnat
  • jgnat
  • jgnat
  • jgnat
  • Simon
    Simon

As I predicted:

BTW: I make a prediction - the gun-nuts will be following the lead of the tobacco companies and will try to attack, discredit or intimidate any who criticise them, derail sensible debate and try and divert the subject to something non-sensical like "do you hate America" instead.

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/members/politics/243521/1/Right-to-bear-arms-should-mean

Don't let the gun-nuts divert the issue.

The issue is whether automatic assault riffles have a place in modern society and whether someone's selfish desire to brandish dangerous weapons should supercede innocent childrens right to life.

• kurtbethel
    kurtbethel

Automatic assault rifles have been heavily regulated in America, and for most people, illegal to possess for almost 80 years.

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

Automatic assault rifles have been heavily regulated in America, and for most people, illegal to possess for almost 80 years.

And as a result, they are almost never used in these types of massacres.

What is used, are semi-auto weapons with large magazines. It's more than clear that large magazines should be regulated in much the same manner as full-auto-weapons. Especially so since it's the amount-of-bullets-available-before-reload that is the more dangerous part of full-auto weapons, not the "full-auto" part (which is almost inconsequential as compared to a semi-auto - and in fact may be less lethal than semi-auto).

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit