I can't imagine not believing in God.

by MsGrowingGirl20 643 Replies latest members private

• cantleave
    cantleave

Sound evidence needs to be measurable and reproducible, not subject bias or open to interpretation.

Which of your evidences above meet those criteria?

• cofty
    cofty

Becasue of the truth in his teachings..

What truth? He has yet to say something original.

You can claim to have "evidence" for your god but as Carl Sagan said "Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence". You make up the shortfall with something you call faith - in this context its a euphemism for wishful thinking.

When you then claim you KNOW god is real you are being willfully disingenuous.

• tec
    tec

It is all circumstantial, cantleave, unless it is confirmed by someone who knows. In this case: Christ.

Christ has spoken to me on more than one occassion. (repeatable)

Not one thing that He has ever showed, revealed, or taught me... has ever been untrue. On the contrary. I cannot deny Him, because He is here with me.

The above is why I say that the evidence is conclusive for ME.

Peace to you,

tammy

• cofty
    cofty

Not one thing that He has ever showed, revealed, or taught me... has ever been untrue.

Or interesting or useful.

• tec
    tec

Or interesting or useful.

Now how would you know something like that Cofty?

You think I share every personal detail of my life on this forum?

I do not share all the personal stuff. I share what might be of interest to others who want to hear (or who DO hear), in order to help build the Body of Christ UP. Out of love for Him, and also love for them.

Peace to you,

tammy

I can't image putting my faith in the god of the bible. He's an egomaniac, a racist, a chauvinist, a homphobe, and a violent being, just like the being who created him in his own image: man!

• cofty
    cofty

Every time you or shelby shares something that whathisname has whispered in your ears it is either a tedious, banal, vacuous platitude or a ridiculous story about dragons and angels that could have come straight from a teenagers fantasy novel.

Why does he never tell you something humankind needs to know?

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

Cofty, you mean something like how to cure cancer with HIV?

• tec
    tec

Why does he never tell you something humankind needs to know?

You mean something like how Christ is the Image and Truth and Word of God... rather than the bible or religion? (You know, so that man might know WHO God is, rather than getting sucked into false teachings and fear about a vindictive, tryannical God who wants people to kill for him - like 144000 said he could never imagine and rightly so; or for a God that is going to torture you for the rest of eternity, you and your loved ones, or for a God that needs to be worshipped for his own ego or who sits and does nothing, so that people think they have been abandoned, or that God does not love, or is something other than love)

Like understanding how faith works... that it is not something arbitrary that is being asked of us, but rather something essential. Because without faith IN someone (which would invite that one IN), we are 'subconsciously' keeping them out.

Like understanding that God did not kill Adam and Eve... He actually did what He could to protect them, after their actions brought death TO them? And understanding what that means to the nature of God?

(never mind all the personal help that Christ gives... to those who ask, and who put their faith in Him and that He will answer - no doubts)

Mankind needs to know Truth, Cofty. Truth tears down lies. The same lies that keep man in bondage and in fear, to religion and to false teachesr. Truth sets man free from such lies, such fears, such things that some believe should be done BECAUSE of the lies that they are told.

Mankind might also want to know how to have life as well. Some of mankind recognizes that the flesh is not the sum of who we are.

Peace to you,

tammy

• cofty
    cofty

you mean something like how to cure cancer with HIV?

There's an idea! Now why didn't wahthisname think of that?

He could even start small with something like Huntington's chorea - one of his most sinister inventions.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit