I can't imagine not believing in God.

by MsGrowingGirl20 643 Replies latest members private

• cofty
    cofty

My lack of belief in a god isn't a choice. I used to believe with a passion and couldn't imagine not having a relationship with god.

It was evidence that brought me to disbelief and it was a difficult, heart-wrenching transition.

• happytobefree
    happytobefree

I feel as though i would have a whole in my heart or feel empty if i ever became an atheist

...how would you know that ...if you are not an atheist.

You have to learn to live and enjoy where you are....whether a believer or atheist.

• jgnat
    jgnat

There is nothing better for a man, than that he should eat and drink, and that he should make his soul enjoy good in his labour. This also I saw, that it was from the hand of God. - Ecclesiastes 2:24 JKV

and for emphasis,

So I saw that there is nothing better than that a man should rejoice in his work, for that is his lot. Who can bring him to see what will be after him? - Ecclesiastes 3:22 ESV

• Witness My Fury
    Witness My Fury
    My lack of belief in a god isn't a choice. I used to believe with a passion and couldn't imagine not having a relationship with god. It was evidence that brought me to disbelief and it was a difficult, heart-wrenching transition.

This ^

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

Can you imagine the WT not being the only true religion? Seemed crazy at first.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

I have just been reading about the right and left brain. The right brain is more intuitive. And it occurred to me, intuition is a better way to describe the feeling that there is something "up there." You sound like an intuitive person. I've observed that the majorities of people feel something up there and believe in some kind of higher power or god. Then there are people who don't feel anything up there. There are fewer of them. Both sets of people are fine. It isn't a problem if you believe in God. It isn't a problem some don't.

Embrace your feelings about God. The only thing I encourage is that you also understand that we can't know all of the answers. Be leery of anyone who tells you he or she knows all of the answers about God, why we exist, etc.

• still thinking
    still thinking

I could never believe that this life and this world is all there is. I would be very sad and hopeless. I mean...if there's no God...what the hell is the purpose of life?

If your too scared to find out, you never will.

Some people prefer fantasy over reality, if thats your buzz, it's your life. enjoy!

By the way....life is the purpose of life...we live, we reproduce, we die. We effect others lives. We can choose to have a good impact on others lives or a bad one. We can help others, or not. We can try and make a difference in others lives, or not. What you give is what you get.

Try and make the most of the life you have because you only get one go at it and you don't want to be on your death bed saying "if only". Do the 'if onlys' now. Don't waste time thinking something better is coming...it isn't. Life is a combination of what you make it, and what happens. Make the most of what you have. Live for today, like it is your last because it just might be, but plan for your future. Say what you need to say, there may not be an opportunity tomorrow.

Life is precious...don't take it for granted. And don't waste you life imagining something better is on the way. This is it...that is it's purpose.

Be leary of a person who tells you there is a god...they don't know any more about it than you do.

• extractor
    extractor

Be leary of a person who tells you there is no God...they don't know any more about it except the people who actually KNOW Him. John 17:3

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Be leery of misspelling leery.

• dazed but not confused
    dazed but not confused

I hope there's something after this life.... but I'm not going to hold my breath nor loose sleep over it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit