I can't imagine not believing in God.

by MsGrowingGirl20 643 Replies latest members private

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

That is the opinion of the writer on that site and while I may not agree 100%, my point is that their is more evidence for Mark wrting the original than there is for someone else and until the evidence is refuted by more subdtansial and concrete evidence to the contrary,all you have is conjecture.

You haven't provided any way to quatify why there is "more" evidence. There is just "tradition". That's not more. That's still just conjecture.

• PSacramento
    PSacramento
    You haven't provided any way to quatify why there is "more" evidence. There is just "tradition". That's not more. That's still just conjecture.

And IF the historical evidence of that tradtion ( the writings of those closest to the source) is not evidence then you are ocrrect.

WHich means it's about WHAT one considers as "evidence", what one views as "credible evidence" that is the issue.

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

It is you and your new gang of friends, Cofty, who are thoroughly out of order.

Oh, well it looks like someone's idea's aren't standing up to scrituny.

• Chariklo
    Chariklo

Idea's?!

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

Yes, it's a typo. They happen.

• Chariklo
    Chariklo

Ah. The whole comment as well? :)

• Ucantnome
    Ucantnome

i cannot imagine life without believing in God and that he is good and that there will be a better future. I could never believe that this life and this world is all there is. I would be very sad and hopeless. I mean...if there's no God...what the hell is the purpose of life?

I agree with you. I would have to go against my conscience to try and not believe.

• Chariklo
    Chariklo

Good for you, Ucantnome!

• cofty
    cofty

I would have to go against my conscience to try and not believe - ucantnome

In what way do you mean it would go against your conscience?

Disbelief is not an act of will, its a conclusion that people arrive at after considering the evidence, often for many years. Nobody I know tries to not believe.

Why do you make it sound as if its something to feel guilty about?

• Ucantnome
    Ucantnome

In what way do you mean it would go against your conscience?

Disbelief is not an act of will, its a conclusion that people arrive at after considering the evidence, often for many years. Nobody I know tries to not believe

I wasn't talking about you Cofty

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit