WT Admits It's Free For Them ... But Not For You

by Perry 67 Replies latest watchtower bible

• unstopableravens
    unstopableravens

i respect not u respect sorry typo

• Christ Alone
    Christ Alone

Wait a second. Something is fishy... Both mp and designs on numerous posts have said almost the exact same thing about sitting down with a rabbi. Hmmmm

• designs
    designs

Ca- Frightening thing those Rabbis lol. When Rabbis for 2000 years tell you that Paul and the gospel writers went off the rails as to Jewish messianic ideas well pay attention. Judaism is just another religion to me now same as Paul and the other NT writers but history and tracking origins of ideas is important.

• unstopableravens
    unstopableravens

christ alone use your logic mp evolved into desings

• Christ Alone
    Christ Alone

Again I am not afraid of rabbis. In fact I have a great respect for the Jews and have made it a point to learn about modern Jews As much as possible. Personally I believe that they still have a part in gods plan and will have a far greater role in the future.

• designs
    designs

mp and I are using the latest evolutionary Vulcan mind probe

• Pterist
    Pterist

Designs **** 'Right of refusal' see this was Paul's cleverness at work- make up a messiah who doesn't fill the jewish belief and then taunt them for not accepting what was considered an apostate idea to begin with****

Thanks for your reply friend...

A question for you ...If we accept the promises made to Israel in the Hebrew bible, that they would ultimately bring blessings to the gentile world as kings and priests, how would you see the acceptance of Gentiles into this arrangement ? Or are you just debating both sides of any argument to be false?

Shalom

• designs
    designs

There are of course variations on Messianic beliefs but centrally they are- The Messiah would be a man fully and only human. He would be Torah observant. Jerusalem would be the capital of God's Kingdom and all of humanity would live in peace under the Torah. Sort of a early version of universal salvation as all humans are brought back to life and enjoy a world wide Gan Eden (Garden of Eden). Every practicing Jew prays every day for the Messiah, it is the 12th article of the 13 Articles of Faith in Judaism.

• Christ Alone
    Christ Alone

The NT clearly shows that Jesus was not the messiah that the Jews were expecting. Why should that have ever changed. The fact is, what they were expecting then and what they are expecting now did not/will not materialize. Actually I think you will probably agree with that statement, huh? Something we have in common!!!

• tornapart
    tornapart

Sorry.. I know this is a serious thread but every time I see designs avatar it makes me think of squashed doggy doo doo...

Sorry designs... no offense...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit