WT Admits It's Free For Them ... But Not For You

by Perry 67 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Perry
    Perry

It official and clear as Mud. However I pulled out my highlighter and made a few notes.

It's Free for Us - But it Ain't For Y'all

Too bad I missed the 6/15/2011 WT study

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

WOW! No matter how many times I read something like that it is sickening. What can you do? I didn't get it for years...

• Pterist
    Pterist

Yes , this is the work of anti-Christ...distracting the ONLY righteousness that the Father has freely given to us in Christ. This is a far greater error than 1914 as they deny the master that died for us.

Therefore, since through God’s mercy we have this ministry, we do not lose heart. 2 Rather, we have renounced secret and shameful ways; we do not use deception, nor do we distort the word of God. On the contrary, by setting forth the truth plainly we commend ourselves to everyone’s conscience in the sight of God. 3 And even if our gospel is veiled, it is veiled to those who are perishing. 4 The god of this age has blinded the minds of unbelievers, so that they cannot see the light of the gospel that displays the glory of Christ, who is the image of God. 5 For what we preach is not ourselves, but Jesus Christ as Lord, and ourselves as your servants for Jesus’ sake. 6 For God, who said, “Let light shine out of darkness,” [a] made his light shine in our hearts to give us the light of the knowledge of God’s glory displayed in the face of Christ.

Romans 10:13

Since they did not know the righteousness that comes from God and sought to establish their own, they did not submit to God's righteousness.

• designs
    designs

Perry, you're flogging a dead horse (New Covenant). No matter how much the Paul character wanted to invent a new religion by borrowing and distorting Judiasm and mixing in Middle Eastern ideas he just wasn't that clever.

• Pterist
    Pterist

This watchtower article reverses the basic truth on the ransom for ALL that Luther's reformation revealed and brings its followers back to the dark ages of an earthly theocratic ruling priestly class.

• Pterist
    Pterist

Designs *** No matter how much the Paul character wanted to invent a new religion ****

Show me one scripture that show Paul starting a new religion or even using the label "Christian" or "Christianity" ?

• unstopableravens
    unstopableravens

designs my friend just because you do not believe does not mean we dont(i love these faces!)

• Perry
    Perry

I loved this jewel in the article:

"The limited number of that group are called to be holy ones and are accepted as “God’s sons.”

However, God says: "YOU ARE ALL, in fact, sons of God through YOUR faith in Christ Jesus".- Gal. 3: 26 (NWT)

Mmmmm, Whom to believe?

• designs
    designs

PT- Romans is pretty good proof of someone making it up

Unstop- Sit down with a Rabbi and ask about the 'New Covenant', oh and the faces are fun!

• Pterist
    Pterist

Designs ****PT- Romans is pretty good proof of someone making it up***

Romans is his biggest letter, that's why it's first in the canon of his letters. however, you have not shown me any specific reference to Paul starting a new religion.

Let me give you a specific reference where it shows he was NOT starting a new religion and was only interest in the Israel of God and it's fullfillment. Read Romans chapter 9,10, 11,

Paul again begins his discussion with a question: “Did God reject His people whom He foreknew?” According to the New Testament, Israel was apparently replaced ( Matt. 21:43 ) by a “nation” (ethnos and notgenan) that would bear fruit. Christ’s words were mostly critical of the current first century generation of Jews who had not produced fruit. The reference to “another nation” is a reference to the present form of the kingdom, the Church, a nation called out of the nations ( 1 Pet. 2:9,10 ). But Israel still had the oracles—their promises and their advantages were not nullified because the Lord turned to the Gentiles to bear fruit. Paul will ask, “Did Israel fall irrevocably?” (11:11)—Not at all! was his answer. This was another chapter in God’s dealings with Israel: God made promises to Israel, and although the majority of Israelites time and time again had sinned and been sent from the land, the promises remained.

So in the chapter Paul will point out that the rejection of Israel is not complete (there is a remnant of believers) and not final (all Israel shall be saved). His discussion will be essentially in two major parts, both begun with “I ask then” (vv. 1 and 11).

Also Galatians 6: 14 But far be it from me to boast, save in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ, through which the world hath been crucified unto me, and I unto the world. 15 For neither is circumcision anything, nor uncircumcision, but a new creation. 16 And as many as shall walk by this rule, peace be upon them, and mercy, and upon the Israel of God.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit