A great picture for proving that JWs aren't weird and cultish...

by cedars 64 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Aussie Oz
    Aussie Oz

Another picture to designed to make the Jehovah's witnesses feel special as they go about their arrogant little lives.

Oz

• edmond dantes
    edmond dantes

Yes I have seen them working the clubs in the UK THEY ARE NOW HEAVENLY BOUNCERS.

Yes I have seen them working the clubs in the UK they are now heavenly bouncers.

• edmond dantes
    edmond dantes

Kenny Rogers on the right has got six fingers !

• alfredjones100
    alfredjones100

in all honesty, this is the very issue that began my questioning of the society's teachings.
    years ago when our kids were very young, they were quite ill.
    as all parents, we often prayed like made that they would make it throught the night; asking for jehovah's protection.
    then some time later ( a year or two ) a young boy in our congregation was hit by a car while riding his bike and died.
    this affected me greatly ... for the boy's mother ( single in the truth ) had made such an effort to get into and remain in the truth and yet this had happened.
    why did jehovah answer my prays to keep my children alive but not answer the prayers of the other sister's?
    we were told of jehovah's loving protection but there seemed no real evdence or consistancy of it.
    and all the while we were told not to critize someone the congregation who says jehovah answered their prayers for some cheep car so they can go pioneering.
    how could jehovah value some rusty, piece of sh...t over that of the life of a child?
    this was my problem.
    the real truth i came to realize, was that jehovah does not protect anyone, nor give special favors dispite all our efforts.
    and anyone who thinks otherwise will have their faith crushed by a great disapointment then tragidy comes to their door.
    yet our magizines and the songs we sing at the kingdom hall continue to reinforce that false expectation.
    in the end, it was the teaching of this false expectation and the injustice of it, that started my questioning of things because if God did not protect us, like we were told, what else could be wrong.

• finallysomepride
    finallysomepride

Where was this protection when the brothers were beheaded in the Philippines?

on tea break perhaps

RE: The Miami and Phillipines tragedies

The points made in this thread are valid.

I am hoping that the use of these tragic events to illustrate these points will not offend the sensitivities of victims, or their friends or family members. I'm confident that nothing posted here on this subject was intended to do so and also that those who posted can certainly empathize with the victims and their familes/friends.

At the end of the day, we are all just humans, whether JW, DF/DA, opposer, apostate, or just plain old smart/lucky folks who never got caught up in this mess. None of us live forever, and all of us experience pain along this journey we call life.

The WTBTS' efforts to cause its followers to believe that there are no dangers in field service and other JW activities are despicable.

• cult classic
    cult classic

That is such a crazy picture.

Angels can have beards but men can't.

And ditto, they aren't protected from anything, not even their cultish teachings.

• Fernando
    Fernando

For me personally the irony is that the "publishers of the good news" are woefully ignorant of the "good news" and are publishing "religion" (doctrine, legalism and darkness) instead, in service of their spiritual father the dragon.

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

Not at all superstitious like false religion.

• doofdaddy
    doofdaddy

Quote "God's angels support and protect his servants"

So the message is if you feel overwhelmed and unsupported in the preaching work you are not one of god's servants....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit