A great picture for proving that JWs aren't weird and cultish...

by cedars 64 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Joepublisher1
    Joepublisher1

This illustration [posted by Cedars] reminds me of that urban-myth that has been widely circulated amongst JWs and is a favorite to use for new converts who are thinking about going door-to-door. You know the one where a murderer was asked by the police why he didn't harm a sister who was preaching at his door and he responded that he saw two large men on both sides of her [when in fact she was out preaching alone] - variations may exist, but you get the point.

This story still circulates amongst gullible JWs today!!! Personally, I think it's totally irresponsible to perpetuate this fabricated story. I also feel that the WTS leaders should have quashed the telling of this story as one that cannot be validated and thus in all reasonableness should NOT continue to be told as fact. (I remember one Circuit Assembly [in the 80’s] where the attendees where told not to be so gullible concerning the story of the Smurf coming alive during a meeting, yelling something out, [etc.]. However, I’ve never heard from the platform (or in any WTS literature) that the story about the angels was unfounded and shouldn’t be retold as fact. I think that’s because the WTS leaders either believe it MAY be true [and don't want to offend Jehovah] or they want the rank and file to believe its true – or both. I mean, look at the illustration that CEDARS posted!)

• kurtbethel
    kurtbethel

That angel looks a lot like Michaelangelo's "Florentine Man," a Green Man idol sculptured by the famous Italian Renaissance artist.

• smiddy
    smiddy

I had a beard and was told to get rid of it , back in the 1960`s by my PO ,I could have been one of those angels ,couldnt I ?

smiddy

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

daveperez -

The burly angels must've been too busy pumping up in the gym when those JWs died in bus crashes in Africa and Florida.

They were too busy posing for this picture.

• mamochan13
    mamochan13

Interesting angel body language.

Angel on the right, retracted shoulders, rigid body - suppressed anger, defensiveness

ANgel in the middle, crossed arms -defensive and callous, rejecting. Also self-hugging is a sign of insecurity or anxiety.

Angel on the left, hands on hips - aggression, anger

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit