WHAT ARE YOUR MOST VIVID, ODD, or FUNNY Memories of Conventions and Assemblies of Jehovah's Witnesses?

by Balaamsass 86 Replies latest jw experiences

• Captain Schmideo2
    Captain Schmideo2

My wife is suspecting...

• StephaneLaliberte
    StephaneLaliberte
    When I was a kid, my dad was doing security around the center stage, right in the middle of the Olympic stadium in Montreal. You know, one of those BIG assemblies. He was very proud, and so was I. So I kept an eye on him from time to time with my binoculars. And of course, sometime, in the afternoon, my dad was sleeping, right there, on the corner of the centre stage. I thought it was funny. The funny thing is that among everyone in attendance, I think I was the only one who noticed. :)
  • SecretSlaveClass
    SecretSlaveClass
    I was around 7 yrs old. Were were attending an assembly at the Kings Park soccer stadium in Durban, South Africa. It was break time and the toilets were full with waiting lines. I had the runs so I ran with my hand crammed up between my clenched but cheeks, all the way to the edge of the practice field where I found a tree and let loose. Fortunately for me I was all alone but I did feel guilty for using a few pages out of my song book to wipe my butt. When my mom asked where my pages were I didn't lie and she just glared at me and reminded me how poor we were and how much a replacement would cost our family ... the equivalent of three loaves of bread or something.
  • Peony
    Peony

Twickenham UK similar to the comment about Michael Jackson but it was Prince. Came with an entourage, had his own personal attendant to look after him (my uncle) every time he went anywhere they had to radio control to let them know he was on the move using code name 'purple rain' (you can't make this stuff up)!! So much for all being equal!!

Best memory was twickenham about 1975 when I managed to get lost, lost and found gave me orange juice and biscuits, took ages for my mum to come get me. Worst was the toilets, some were dustbins with lids on, they stank.

• StephaneLaliberte
    StephaneLaliberte

This short story happened right about the time they changed the instructions to say that we had to bring our own lunches in unlabelled backs and that we should not go out for lunch.

While I was doing attendance, I got thirsty, saw a vending machine, and as I looked for change in my pocket, there was a bother who told me we weren't supposed to buy anything from the vending machine; he was making a big deal out of it. I told him: Do you see a sign? Is it out of order? Nope... no sign, and its working... how about I make sure of that... than I put change in the machine, got my drink and said: Sure enough, it is working!

Next day, there was a big yellow tape around that very machine. The following years though, they dropped the ban.

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

Hey, get a room you two.

• Captain Schmideo2
    Captain Schmideo2
    Ooh! This happened but just a few years ago. District convention at a college basketball stadium. There was one exit that was jealously guarded by some idiot attendant, and this exit, if used, was a shortcut to where I was parked. So, while he got distracted bossing some other couple, I slipped past him and walked through the doors and down the long, echoey hallway out. He noticed, and started hollering down the hallway. "What was that?" I thought. "Was that a trick of the acoustics? Sounds like someone hollering...Hmm!" Kept on going, made it to the far end. "BROTHER!!!" Opened the doors to freedom. Eff you, Napoleon! Come and get me!

Most.Satisfying.Assembly.Ever.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit