WHAT ARE YOUR MOST VIVID, ODD, or FUNNY Memories of Conventions and Assemblies of Jehovah's Witnesses?

by Balaamsass 86 Replies latest jw experiences

• joyfulfader
    joyfulfader

We were returning home from a day at the convention at the Cap Center outside of Washington DC in MD (1980's) on a particularly hot day in bumper to bumper stopped traffic when lo and behold we see a man sauntering up the median in nothing but socks and shoes. I suppose the asphalt was too warm for his feet lol. Made the evening news. Was probably my first ever glimpse of the male anatomy lol

• 20yearfader
    20yearfader

I really remember the color coded tickets we use to get at the capital center in d.c. how the extra tickets i would save for the next year and they would change the color lol.

I have vivid memories of Dodger Stadium, in the summer, on uncomfortable seats, all day, every day, for 5 days straight.

I remember dreading it worse than anything else in my life.

• tiki
    tiki

Yankee Stadium - grimy airless hot stifling subways....people packed in like sardines....sweat.....sit in the stadium and the pigeons are up in the rafters and you just hope that they poop on someone other than you.. takes forever to get down the ramp(s) at program end....everyone smushing everyone else....fat people squooshing skinny little kids like me.........finally get in the subway train and watch your feet come up to your nose - then you're out in a dead faint...........

Montreal 1978..........the poor people stuck in that tent city with no showers or fresh water......and temperatures over 100 and humidity beyond belief.....and the ones with babies...how they did it is beyond me......i believe one night there was a massive thunderstorm too, so they were all laying in mud. what a horror show..........i was in a hotel with a crazy room-mate who was banging her suitcase off the walls (literally)....and it was my first experience actually seeing lesbians making out in public.

i do remember freddie franz - doing isaiah "measuring line upon measuring line" can still hear it in my head....he fascinated me.....i was a kid and he was dammed entertaining! one highlight - 1969 nyc/yankee stadium - i was working the cafeteria serving line and nathan knorr came through.....i was blessed with the priviledge of dumping a glob of mashed potatoes on his tray!!!!!!! he had a very kindly attitude.

• tiki
    tiki

oh.....and who can forget the stench of the bathrooms.......barf!

• Balaamsass
    Balaamsass

Fatty Pastrami and Hoagie sandwiches.......

The smell of the ladies bathroom wafting through the hallways...

• d
    d

I remeber the high escalators we had to go onto to get to the top of the convention building. It was a bit nerve wrecking to say the least.especially when you had to look down.

• Tater-T
    Tater-T

The Best Memory I have is, when it was.... OVER

• transhuman68
    transhuman68

LOL, I don't really remember much about the assemblies, but at the Sydney International Assembly in '80 (I think) we were walking in, having been driven there on a bus; and there had been some gay event there the night before, so the last of the stragglers were leaving just as we arrived- so all these gays- arm-in-arm were walking past us and jeering at us as we walked in.

• exwhyzee
    exwhyzee

At an assembly in Portland Oregon that was held in an outdoor stadium, I noticed a bunch of young sisters looking at something through binoculars. They were looking at the tennis courts adjacent to the stadium where there was a bunch of guys playing tennis naked ( I assume they wanted to rattle all the religious fanatics up in the stands) Pretty soon the whole stadium had caught on to what was happening and no one was looking in the direction of the speaker.

In Vancouver Canada, there was some problem with the plumbing or maybe there weren't enough restrooms available. Anyway every restroom had lines a mile long of people waiting outside of them. At each restroom there was some poor brother or sister given the task to shout to the crowd every few minutes.... " FLUSH B.M ONLY !!! I remember being so embarrassed for them.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit