Anyone know of any effective but simple diets/diet tips? Weight gain after giving up smoking!

by Lozhasleft 98 Replies latest jw friends

• iamwhoiam
    iamwhoiam

1. Eat until you feel satisfied instead of eating until your full; and

2. Exercise 30 min a day (e.g. go walking).

The hardest part of any diet is sticking to it. If you can stick to this for at least two weeks, it will then become natural and routine to you.

• Amelia Ashton
    Amelia Ashton

I have lost 3 stone (42lbs) in 5 months on 1200 calories a day but with a couple of weeks off because mentally I was a mess and ate ice cream continually.

I gained a few pounds but then managed to get back on track and have lost another 1/2 stone since then so am very pleased with myself.

• cofty
  • Lozhasleft
    Lozhasleft

Wow Amelia what a success story! Well done to you. What an inspiration. Hubby is definitely going on the alternative fasting days, probably 2-3 fast and 4-5 normal. The reviews on the books related to it are brilliant too. I think I am going to do 2 days fast and 5 normal but now I've found My Fitness app I will calorie control even on my normal days to 1200 too. (The fast days are 400 cal for a woman)

I'm very grateful for all the input here, it's motivated me a great deal, and I didn't expect such a great response to be honest. I've been getting really depressed about my weight and I've lost heart with so many diets in the past, but I'm starting to feel that I can sort it out. So here goes!

Loz x

• Pterist
    Pterist

Try not eating carbs. And proteins in the same meal....Dr Diamond ??

• Lozhasleft
    Lozhasleft

Thanks Pterist. See all the suggestions are good but I need something that I can live with - continually - otherwise when you go back to 'normal' the weight piles back on. So I have to change 'normal' in a way I can cope with all the time?

Loz x

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

SIMPLE.

IF IT TASTES GOOD -- SPIT IT OUT!

• Left in the Cold
    Left in the Cold

My father is very obese. He had open heart surgery this past summer. His surgeon is one of the best in the country. I cannot recall his name. He does have a book out called, "Salt Kills". He feels that salt intake contributes to heart disease just as much as other factors. He told me my father needs to eat more whole grains (like oatmeal), vegetables, nuts, fish, fruit. Basically, I guess, whole foods. I asked him if dad should do Weight Watchers. He said if my father changed to a heart healty diet that the weight would come off on its own. Anyway...

Also, I've had a lot of friends that do or have done Weight Watchers with success. Although you are on a somewhat limited diet, you don't really feel denied. I did it myself for 9 weeks. I lost 11 pounds, but I didn't realize that my thyroid wasn't functioning properly. But I still lost weight, which is pretty amazing.

Also, have your thyroid checked if you haven't. If your (TSH?) levels are off even just a little it can make a huge difference. I gained 60 pounds. I did get it off but I could not have until I was put on Synthroid

If these fail: Divorce (just kidding. I tend to eat less under stress) lol!

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

when I was physically active I would eat like a caveman. It kept me at a good weight

• minimus
    minimus

GNC MegaMen VitaPak is a great product that can be used by men and women from what I've read. It ABSOLUTELY helps you lose weight and you take 8 capsules/pills in the morning as a dietary and vitamin aid and you are not hungry throughout the day. Most people lose 20 to 30 lbs. in a relatively short period of time. They provide a 30 day supply for $50. That's not cheap but I guarantee you won't be eating and paying for food like you did before!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit