Anyone know of any effective but simple diets/diet tips? Weight gain after giving up smoking!

by Lozhasleft 98 Replies latest jw friends

• botchtowersociety
    botchtowersociety
    Why abstain from bread and potatoes?

Insulin production.

• cofty
    cofty

BTS - Serious question - So how does that cut-paste help Loz in practical terms?

• Crisis of Conscience
    Crisis of Conscience

LOL Loz! It's true. It works. But it requires reading and being open minded as it seems to go contrary to what has been said by the "experts" for many years.

• botchtowersociety
    botchtowersociety
    BTS - Serious question - So how does that cut-paste help Loz in practical terms?

It suggests there is more going on than a simple energy imbalance.

• Lozhasleft
    Lozhasleft

CoC it seems ideal for my hubby who is having the same problems. He's currently watching the programme, it recommends 2 days fasting (600 cal for a man) and 5 days normal eating. It would suit him well since he wouldn't have to think about calorie counting at all except on the fast days.

Loz x

• botchtowersociety
    botchtowersociety

otch I will take time to read your post thank you.

You should read Gary Taube's book, which is linked in the post.

• cofty
    cofty

It suggests there is more going on than a simple energy imbalance.

But an energy imbalance is resulting in weight gain.

We can talk about the underlying causes and why somebody over-eats but they are still going to have to eat less and move more.

• Amelia Ashton
    Amelia Ashton

The app showed me that the supermarket's own brand lager has less calories than my normal coffee!!

I would never have know or even suspected that was even possible and it was a complete eye-opener for me.

That's what I mean by it making you more aware and therefore you naturally make more informed and beneficial choices about what to eat or drink.

• vivalavida
    vivalavida

Very easy, nothing to buy: www.leangains.com or a bit more easily explained: www.rippedbody.jp

Vivalavida

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

I also use www.myfitnesspal.com It is a great application. You will learn about food, but you have to be consistent and log ALL your days, including when you slip up or totally blow it. It keeps you honest, and quicker to get back on track. And, check out the blogs and success stories. Alot of great tips.

(Costco pizza is 800 caloires a slice, and the Red Robin veggie burger is a whopping 800 calories!)

To lose 10 pounds in a month (which is agressive), I have to eat 1500 calories and get on a treadmill for about an hour a day (brisk walk at a slight incline). Then, in the evening I will go for a walk.

Instead of smoking or eating, how about getting a project done around the house? Cleaning out the garage, weeding, lawn work, repairing something can keep me busy.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit