Circuit Assembly Highlights. Day 1

by DATA-DOG 73 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

A Watcher,

I don't want to be harsh. I was just making a point. If you think I lie to my wife by not putting money in a box, then aren't you being dishonest if you disobey the FDS by going to apostate websites? If they speak for God then who are you really disobeying by coming here?

I think Jehovah tolerates me coming to this site because it's the only way He can get me to do any research. I don't do much research normally.

But when I post things on a forum I want to be sure I'm being accurate, so I'll look it up.

What does this mean? Are you saying God allows you to disobey him because you are doing research for another forum, and you are coming here for information? Please explain this to me. As far as doing research, just read God's word and pray for the Holy Spirit. Jesus said that it would lead you to all truth. Unless you believe the Bible was only written for 1st century anointed Christians... Only you know that. Just pick something that interests you and Pray specifically to see the truth of the matter. Then meditate on it. Seriously go to an online concordance if you can, or buy one! I prefer real books to a screen. Just take God's word and the teachings of Christ at face value. If Jesus says it then it is Jah's word as well. Beware of men's teachings that deviate from what the Holy Spirit shows you. You may have a bumby ride because not everyone loves truth...

Apology accepted. Please be patient with me as well. Time are very stressful for all of us and oppression can make the wise one act crazy! I always say that I do not go crazy, I am crazy! Sometimes I just go " normal ". LOL!!

Peace,

DD

• dazed but not confused
    dazed but not confused

I used to come to sites like this years before I even considered leaving just to prove the "truth" to myself. I guess I was a JW apologist without knowing it. I would build my faith by reading the "lies" on these sites and refute it to myself. Eventually the TTATT sank in and I woke up.

"Jehovah tolerates" you comming here?? Im sorry a watcher but WAKE UP!! I guess, whatever you have to tell yourself to sleep at night.

• dazed but not confused
    dazed but not confused

If you truly feel Jehoba is ok with you comming here then I dare you to tell your BOEs and see what they think...good luck with that

• Indian Larry
    Indian Larry

Data-Dog, thanks for the notes on the Circut Assembly. My wife and daughter are at a two day this weekend and I appreciate learning what tactics the WTBTS is using so I can do my best to neutralize the damage as much as possible. Also so I don't do anything for the next few weeks that reminds them not to listen to me. It is like walking a tightrope. Ugggggh.

• a watcher
    a watcher

DATA, I love the FDS, but they don't run my life.

I have a "gentlemen's agreement" with Jehovah that takes priority over the GB: I do the best I can for Him, and He does the best He can for me.

I lurk on a couple of 'mixed' religious forums to keep up with worldwide JW info, but I research any info that I post to make sure it's accurate.

• dazed but not confused
    dazed but not confused

A "gentlemen's agreement"? LOL. Yes, hello, this is earth calling. Im a bit speechless...

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

I have a "gentlemen's agreement" with Jehovah that takes priority over the GB: I do the best I can for Him, and He does the best He can for me.

Rationalizing at it's finest.

• finally awake
    finally awake

I'm glad you kept the cash Data-Dog. I found out months after we quit going to the hall that Just Ron had pretty much stopped putting in any money. It was in the monthly budget, and I wrote a check for cash to cover it and some other regular expenses, but I never asked if he was actually putting the money in. I'm glad to find out that I wasted less of my money than I thought I had. Maybe some day your wife will also be glad to find out that less of your money went to the pedophile defense fund.

• rip van winkle
    rip van winkle

DataDog- Thank you for posting the CA "Low"lights! I will not be attending and this way I will have an idea about what was discussed.

~~~

We should not harbor private beliefs, even in our own minds and hearts! We do not believe teachings that go beyond God's word or the publicationns of the Faithful and Discreet Slave Class. ( Yep, he said class ) We do not visit websites that are critical of our doctrine! What if we have trouble with " new teachings" ? Have we ever had trouble, are we having trouble right now? What can you do?!

I especially liked answers 2 &4:

2) Talk to the Elders they will assist you with the publications to understand! Remember Proverbs 4:18!!

4) If you pray and talk to the Elders and still do not understand, be patient. God may be testing you!

If you don't understand a clarification or " upgraded understanding " ( new term ???) then the problem is YOU.

Also, we must not cling to cultural norms in place of Bible principles... EXCUSING CHILD ABUSE AND SPOUSE ABUSE...lunch with workmates.

We are following worldly culture if we do not shun family.

~~~

Yes, if we talk to elders that will only lead to more questions, circular reasoning and then a JC which leads to DF'ing which leads to shunning.

I never realized that excusing child abuse, spouse abuse, having lunch with workmates and NOT shunning Family were considered "cultural norms"!!!

~~

DataDog- don't listen to a word Watcher says. He is only trying to bait you. Even if he did make a "gentleman's agreement"( Watcher- that was very funny!) he is clearly disobeying God's channel of communication by being here. They have stated: We do not visit websites that are critical of our doctrine." So Watcher is being very naughty.

And good for you DD keeping the money! WTS just shoved another $81 million into their pockets from the sale of The Bossert. They don't need your wife's $30.00. And if you keep on "making contributions",with the money you've stashed, you may be able to take your wife on a lovely vacation. And she will just believe that Jehovah was blessing her.

I look forward to your notes from Day 2. I'm sure you do not feel the same way.

Thanks again!

• Sauerkraut
    Sauerkraut
    We must accept the entirety of the truth through God's Organization! Every truth we have ever learned has been through the Oganization and the FDS! We must all be of the same mind! We should not harbor private beliefs, even in our own minds and hearts! We do not believe teachings that go beyond God's word or the publicationns of the Faithful and Discreet Slave Class. ( Yep, he said class ) We do not visit websites that are critical of our doctrine!

OH FOR CRYING OUT LOUD! Almost every untruth having an impact on my life came from the Organization and FDS! Way to go. Not harboring private beliefs in our minds? If that isn't an attempt at mind control, sadly many Witnesses will drive home and feel ashamed because they have doubts inside.

3) Remember that every truth you have ever learned come from the Organization! Remember Peter said " Where else can we go? "

Did the speaker really say that? Wish I could see the outline.

Also, we must not cling to cultural norms in place of Bible principles. Like all night wakes for the dead, Women spiritually taking the lead in the home, EXCUSING CHILD ABUSE AND SPOUSE ABUSE, wild parties, lunch with workmates. Loyalty to family may sound good, but is it?

The hypocrisy of JWs never ceases to amaze me, they are so out of touch with reality. Often the Org reminds me of secret societies. There's one image for the public, then there's one image for the majority of believers and the higher you rise the more you get to know what's really going on. Most Witnesses have no idea about the child abuse cases and how they are kept hidden. That was one of the things that really freaked me out when I started researching online. Most will sit there and blame evil Catholics for their filthiness and child abuse cases, unaware that their own religion is no better, worse even because no one in the Organization ever stands up to do something about it.

Some of the things that they call "cultural norms" really are normal things for human beings. Not all parties are wild, having lunch with workmates- what's bad about that? Loyalty to family? Oh yeah, in the last days people will be disloyal to parents... and without natural affection... JWs at the forefront far too often. Anything that is emotionally healthy for people is bad and dangerous. Evil workmates, evil family. Hopefully most have decent if not good workmates so they secretly come to the conclusion that the advice in such programs is over the top.

Another quote: " Do not listen to Apostates. Avoid those who teach what is contrary to the teachings of Christ Jesus! "

Yes, don't listen to the folks in Brooklyn.

Data-Dog I don't envy you for having to sit through that. Good luck with day two, don't loose your cool. Don't hurl your bible at any of the speakers. Thanks for sharing some thoughts and notes.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit