Just Sharing: I Visited Chuck Taze Russells Gravesite

by daringhart13 58 Replies latest jw experiences

• moshe
    moshe

That pyramid is probably the favorite 'pee stop' for dogs in the neighborhood.

• rebel8
    rebel8

I didn't realize how big that pyramid is. Puffed up with pride? I forgot it has a cross too. lol

They now say that the gov body was only around from 1919 onwards, so anyone who said anything earlier than that was not representing God and did not have his spirit backing them.

hmm...whatnow?! They always claimed their line is unbroken back to Peter.

• Balaamsass
    Balaamsass

LOL!!! Thanks- Great picture, I didn't realize how huge it was.

The Mormans baptise the dead.....JWs...disfellowship them!!!

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

Cool picture! That thing is HUGE, but still far smaller than the egos of the men who run the place. Will have to make a pilgrimage someday. Anything else to do in Pittsburgh?

• NeverKnew
    NeverKnew

Anything else to do in Pgh? With respect to the JWs????

OH YES! If you come to Pgh, PM me, OR I'll give you my e-mail address. We'll take a tour!

I've pinpointed the location of his father's shop, the convention site of 1919 (which still stands and is called "SOLDIERS AND SAILORS MEMORIAL") AND teach you some of the correlative history.

Wow... maybe I should start tours! Gas is expensive ya' know!

• flipper
    flipper

DARINGHART- Thanks for the pictures guy. Jeez. These WT leaders have been stranger than a 7 dollar bill since the WT organization's inception in 1870 whatever it was. Who DOES that ? Has a large pyramid installed as a grave marker to memorialize himself ? Somebody with a huge ego and wants to be the 2nd coming of Pharoah or whatever ? Good lord. Terminally weird. Thanks for sharing

• MrFreeze
    MrFreeze

I live in Pittsburgh and I never ventured out to see it.

If you don't like drinking, there really isn't much going on in Pittsburgh. Well there are museums and the Carnegie Science Center (which is great if you have kids).

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

wasn't this covered up in a recent pic in the WT? I'm of the opinion that 90% of dubs have no idea this exists. But with the pyramidology he used and other writings, I can see why they erased this history

• james_woods
    james_woods

I saw it years ago (1970) when I went to an overseer's school in Pittsburgh.

Albert Schroeder gave us a lecture on how witnesses no longer think there is anything special about pyramids.

Note that it has the "cross & crown" inscribed on it too - as well, IIRC, as the actual gravestone.

• MrFreeze
    MrFreeze

@wha happened? - Most of the JW's in my congregation knew about Russell's gravesite and the pyramid but those people are from Pittsburgh and our one elder talked about it occasionally.

On a side note, that elder was one of the most book smart people I ever knew. Just a shame he didn't put the knowledge to better use than being a JW elder. I always loved his talks though. Now that I think about it, they didn't put him on assembly parts very much. I guess because he would get off topic.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit