Just Sharing: I Visited Chuck Taze Russells Gravesite

by daringhart13 58 Replies latest jw experiences

• caliber
  • FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

He should have gotten one of those steel monuments. I've seen them from the 1800s that look brand new nearly and are very legible.

• daringhart13
    daringhart13

I can't recommend enough that if you have a chance....go see this....its so damn bizarre.

There is just no hiding something like this. Its unbelievable that so many don't know about it.

LOL......smoking a bong in front of it??? That's awesome!!!

I just couldn't stop laughing ......all those years as an elder.....and only now seeing the Laodicean Messenger.......LOL LOL!!!

• cognisonance
    cognisonance
    This is one of the reasons that the society have distanced themselves from Charles Russell. They now say that the gov body was only around from 1919 onwards, so anyone who said anything earlier than that was not representing God and did not have his spirit backing them.
    So I think now that any of us who expose Russell's words and deeds, will not get anywhere with a JW, as he is now not thought of now as anyone special. Just one of many who had certain ideas about the bible. Some things he said were true and other things were complete rubbish.

This is new to me. I'm now out, but I did hear of the FDS = GB change, but didn't catch (or realize) that it changed from meaning the FDS was around only from 1919 on, and thus exluded Russel.

That does sound very convienent. Did motives for the change include trying to distance themselves from Russel? I'm not sure. Is there any evidence for this? Didn't they come out a few years ago with a video about their history that talked alot about Russel and his key role in starting the religion? Do you really think they will now say that Jehovah wasn't "spirit-directing" Russel? If that really is what they are saying now, then well that is fascinating indeed!

• Acluetofindtheuser
    Acluetofindtheuser

That gravestone somehow reminds me of the movie Stargate.

Stargate pyramid ship

Maybe the creators of that movie were inspired by Russell's pyramid?

Is it a coincidence that the main star of that movie was Kurt Russell?

• freeinmichigan
    freeinmichigan

he died on Halloween....

• St George of England
    St George of England
    he died on Halloween....

...this is the reason witches dance naked around the pyramid every year on 31 October!!!

George

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

Charlie comes out and speaks from beyond the grave.

Screaming: "I am the faithful and discreet slave damn it"

• Odrade
    Odrade

Ha! This thread is EPIC! I'd heard about the tombstone, but had no idea it was so freaking huge. Totally cracking up.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit