Just Sharing: I Visited Chuck Taze Russells Gravesite

by daringhart13 58 Replies latest jw experiences

• daringhart13
    daringhart13

Thanks gang.....YES....it was a fantastic highlight to my glorious exit from the insanity.

It doesn't surprise me that so many haven't heard of this.....they have gone out of their way to cover it. Imagine how surreal it is to hike through a lonely, quite cemetary.....to supposedly find this......on the site of the man God....er, Jehovah.....chose to lead his people in the modern era.

I was laughing.....and...at the same time wanted to kick my own ass! LOL

• mind blown
    mind blown

daringhart13 great photos! Thanx for sharing

Ha....good sky catch Stone

• John_Mann
    John_Mann

I don't know how I would react if I see that pyramid when I was an Uber Dub.

A leprechaun buried beneath a pink pyramid.

• carla
    carla

Wow! I had no idea it was so huge! Can someone remind me why he has both a pyramid and a headstone? I am rusty in my Russell-ism.

• ziddina
    ziddina

Damn, that is a BIG pyramid!!!

• ziddina
    ziddina
    "This is one of the reasons that the society have distanced themselves from Charles Russell. They now say that the gov body was only around from 1919 onwards, so anyone who said anything earlier than that was not representing God and did not have his spirit backing them. ..." AlanV, page 1

Ah, but we still have "Da Judge" Rutherford!!! Who had illegal hooch smuggled in from Canada - nice obedience to "Caesar", Rutherfudd!!!

• Las Malvinas son Argentinas
    Las Malvinas son Argentinas

Given that most of Russell's doctrines have been proven false, even by the modern day Witnesses, I wonder if Jehovah had to 're-educate' the good pastor once he passed through the pearly gates. If Russell could get in after misleading many, then there's a good chance Joseph Smith is up there too in the rehabilitation wing.

• caliber
    caliber
    Wow! I had no idea it was so huge! Can someone remind me why he has both a pyramid and a headstone? I am rusty in my Russell-ism.

Charles Taze Russell died in 1916, the Pyramid marker was installed in 1921 (5 years after his death)

"What many misrepresent as being Russell’s gravestone, pyramid tomb or tombstone, grave marker, etc., is the pyramid monument that Joseph Rutherford had constructed in the year 1919, about five years after Russell died. This pyramid monument is not Russell’s gravestone, tombstone, or grave marker. Rutherford had this monument constructed in the middle of the plot owned by the Watch Tower Bible and Tract Society, not just to honor Russell, but to honor all who died while working at the Watch Tower headquarters. There are many names inscribed on that monument, not just Russell’s. Nevertheless, there is no one buried in or under that monument." - Extract from ctr.reslight.net/?p=1212

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/watchtower/beliefs/235203/1/What-Proof-Is-There-That-Rutherford-Was-Responsible-For-The-Pyramid-Monument-Near-CTRs-Grave

Take note of some names and spaces set aside for future names below

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

DARING HEART:

Thank you for showing pictures of this pyramid! Too many Witnesses are in total ignorance of their religion's strange origin.

In my very early years I was at a sister's house and she had some of the religion's earliest books, which she seemed to 'venerate' lilke they were really holy. She wasn't even embarrassed about them. One of them was about pyramid stuff. I thought it was weird but kept my thoughts to myself.

So, the religion just keeps reinventing itself as it goes along and uses the "new light" strategy to justify itself to the doubting minds inside the kingdom halls. But, I was so fed up with hypocrisy and garbage that I didn't need to see their ridiculous history to know I wanted OUT!

• EmptyInside
    EmptyInside

Nice pictures. I know an elder who takes visitors from out of town on the Allegheny tour,and Russell's grave is on the tour.

I'm close,but I never bothered to go.

I hope you at least had some fun at Station Square.

@Mr.Freeze,I beg your pardon we have many cultural things going on in Pittsburgh,lol.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit