Just Sharing: I Visited Chuck Taze Russells Gravesite

by daringhart13 58 Replies latest jw experiences

• NeverKnew
    NeverKnew

EmptyInside: Thanks for representing us well! *giggling*

When I was asking my friends about the grave, they were clueless - so I drove them over and asked them to explain it. All I got were sheepish smiles and shoulder shrugs.

What did their research I requested reveal? Yeah... that they "no longer believed that"

ooooookay... next question *sigh*

• John_Mann
    John_Mann

This pyramid still belongs to WT? If so why did they not demolished it yet?

• St George of England
    St George of England

Great quality photos daring.

Do you know who the other names are that are listed on your second photo?

George

• caliber
    caliber
    Do you know who the other names are that are listed on your second photo?

This is the east facing side, under the "Watchtower Bible and Tact Society" name carving

the names are Grace Mundy, Lohena M Russell, John Perry...

Each slope of the pyramid will face one of the large lots, and on each of these slopes is cut in four-inch embossment a Teacher’s Bible, on the pages of which will appear the names of the ones buried there. The burial space for Brother Rutherford was indicated and his name, like that of Brother Russell, will be at the top of opposite Bible pages. A Bible space is being set apart for the Pilgrims — all in one lot of forty eight grave space[s], so all their names will appear on the same Bible."
    The Watchtower Society burial lots in Rosemont United Cemeteries, five miles due north of Pittsburgh City, contain ample grave space for all the members of the Bethel family, and the pilgrims and their wives — in all more than 275 adult graves

Russel's day of burial ...

The Committee of Arrangements were of course desirous of following Brother Russell's suggestion in his Will, and to this end requested several brethren to speak at the services. Among these were A.H. MacMillan, Menta Sturgeon, W.E. Van Amburgh, P.S.L. Johnson, E.W.V. Kuehn, Toledo, O.; C.A. Wise, Indianapolis, Ind.; J.T.D. Pyles, Washington, D.C.; I.I. Margeson, Boston, Mass.; F.W. Manton, Toronto, Canada; C.B. Shull, Columbus, Ohio; G.C. Driscoll, Dayton, Ohio; Dr. L.W. Jones, Chicago, Ill.; D. Kihlgren, Springfield, Mass.; Dr. A.E. McCosh, Detroit, Mich.; C.J. Woodworth, Scranton, Pa.; George Draper, Wichita, Kansas; C.H. Anderson, Baltimore, Md.; W.L. Abbott, St. Paul, Minn.; and J.D. Ross, Truro, N.S. But to have carried out the program in its entirety would have consumed considerable more time, and as The Temple was so crowded that many were obliged to stand for hours, it was deemed wise to reduce the number of speakers. The addresses of those at the three services follow in regular order:

• shamus100
    shamus100

I can't post this enough - a friend of mine has a picture of herself in front of his grave smoking weed out of a bong.

Goddam I love that gal. :D

• caliber
    caliber

Just by shear chance look at this..

Planetary alignment that will take place Dec 3, 2012 is dead-on alignment with the Pyramids at Giza.

Happens once every 2,737 years !!

• kurtbethel
    kurtbethel

Watchtower Jehovah's Witnesses Charles Russell speaks from beyond the grave and directs the work

Charlie comes out and speaks from beyond the grave.

• caliber
    caliber
    EmptyInside: Thanks for representing us well ~~~ Neverknew

Maybe not empty of "things ".... or maybe by now these things too.. if someone had a good jackhammer

"It rests upon a concrete foundation five feet deep and heavily reinforced with barbed wire, the work of Brother Bohnet, who would not entrust this important task to anyone else, so we are assured that the job was well done....

The granite pyramid monument placed next to Charles Russell's grave site was also a Time Capsule! Placed with it were photos of Russell, his writings, books, and other items!......

Within the structure, incased [sic] in a block of granite, will be a sealed metal box in which is a complete set of Karatol Scripture Studies, the Memorial Tower, and one of every tract, photographs of Pastor Russell, a copy of the Society?s charter, and many other things to interest the people who at some future date may open the pyramid and find them...."

(All the above only partly quoted)

Souvenir Report of the Bible Students Convention, Pittsburgh, PA., January 2-5, 1919, p. 7.]

According to RR...

The Society opened the pyramid in 1994 to retrieve the items, but it was found empty
  • St George of England
    St George of England
    The Society opened the pyramid in 1994 to retrieve the items, but it was found empty

That is one way to not have to explain what the "many other things to interest people who at some future date...." really were.

Personally, I would not trust the WTS as far as I could spit them when it comes to their history.

George

• RayPublisher
    RayPublisher

Very weird site. It would be interesting to know if the WT corp still owns this plot for sure. I have (rumors) that Bible Student brothers maintain the site and keep it up.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit