Minimus' Post Gave Me Courage To Finally Post My Questions, New Here

by toweragent 88 Replies latest jw experiences

• NeverKnew
    NeverKnew

Toweragent - everyone's belief is evolutionary. I think you're realizing that you are where you are because of external pressures. The external pressure doesn't seem to correlate with your internal belief system.

Let the external go.... when all is said and done, YOU will have to answer to God. Clear your conscience.

• unstopableravens
    unstopableravens

dub whats not right is as ex jw you hate how the wt labels ex jws but the athiest here have throw out alot of labels about what we believe. dub come on if we as believers try to encourage someone to believe in jesus its not right?

• rebel8
    rebel8

My problem is, I so badly WANT to believe that the Watchtower is right. I want them to be used by Jehovah. But the problem is...I don't think they are right...and I don't think Jehovah is using them.

Your problem is one you share with all of humanity. We all want our choices to turn out to be the right ones.

Unfortunately many of us dig in our heels and stick to bad decisions just for the sake of fear, lazniess or stubbornness. Don't let that be you, and you'll do all right.

Jehovah gave you a brain. I'm sure he would want you to use his gift. Keep thinking and being honest with yourself.

Best wishes

• DubR
    DubR

@NeverKnew

Numbers 23:19 God is not a man that he should lie; neither the son of a man that he should repent.

Exodus 32:14 And the Lord repented of the evil which he thought to do unto his people.

1 Samuel 15:11, 35 It repenteth me [God] that I have set up Saul to be king. (v.11) The Lord repented that he had made Saul king over Israel. (v.35)

So a perfect, all-knowing, just God/Jesus repents? time to twist it to make it work=brainwashed.

• DubR
    DubR

unstopableravens "dub whats not right is as ex jw you hate how the wt labels ex jws but the athiest here have throw out alot of labels about what we believe. dub come on if we as believers try to encourage someone to believe in jesus its not right?"

@unstopableravens I have never had a problem with JW labels, you may but I dont. If I no longer believe what JWs believe then by definition I am an apostate to them. If you no longer believe what catholics believe you are an apostate to them by definition. Do you not believing in Thor give you the title non believer? No because you recognise it as fiction (no difference from me and the bible). I didn't take issue with the title I only saw the irony.

NOW most JWs dont know the multiple contradictions and errors and false history in the bible when they preach. But most exjws know of them (God is cool with rape) and you still promote the bible to confused individuals looking for answers. Personally I think people like that are WORSE than the organisation because they know better.

• unstopableravens
    unstopableravens

first off all thor is real ,and second wow i guess if you really think that im worse than a jw,than thats ur choice.if you have to say god is cool with rape thats not true ,but if it helps you justify your view than have fun with that.

• DubR
    DubR

@unstopableravens STOP PREACHING AND GO READ WHAT IS IN THE BOOK YOU ARE PROMOTING. GOD IS COOL WITH RAPE

Men are commanded by GOD, Go to a party and hide. When the women come out to dance, grab one and carry her off to be your wife. - Benjaminites (Judges 21:19-25) So your God is ok with kidnapping, rape, AND slavery! Your God commanded it. Brainwashing =time to twist it to make it work. You obviously dont know how dark God gets in the OT so READ IT!

Deuteronomy 22:28-29 If a man is caught in the act of raping a young woman who is not engaged, he must pay fifty pieces of silver to her father. Then he must marry the young woman because he violated her, and he will never be allowed to divorce her. - GOD IS COOL WITH RAPE!!

My stab @ breaking your brainwashing unstopableravens. If YOUR daughter was raped back in "bible times" and this decree was enforced would you still serve and love Jehovah? Would you still promote his book? ExJws who know of these horrific acts in the bible and STILL PROMOTE THE BIBLE are WORSE than the GB imo. My sister was raped so this SHIT is personal buddy.

• unstopableravens
    unstopableravens

so if i talk about what believe im preaching? and if you talk about what you belive it is what? okay time to twist lol come on dude stop with the preaching stuff we are dicussing something.

• DubR
    DubR

Read my previous edited comments, I am done. I have 0 respect for ANYONE promoting a book of a horny God who is cool with rape to people searching for truth. Fukn sexist perverts just like ur made up pervert God.

• unstopableravens
    unstopableravens

dub im very sorry about your sister. i am discussed with rape . i think calling me a blank pervert is very frustrating to me because that is so unfounded and your basing that on my belief in god. well sorry you feel that way. and i truly feel for your sister.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit