Minimus' Post Gave Me Courage To Finally Post My Questions, New Here

by toweragent 88 Replies latest jw experiences

• dazed but not confused
    dazed but not confused

Welcome! Take it slow. I took the advice here early on with regards to “bombarding” my wife with all that I was learning. It was quickly pushing her away so I stopped and now only once in a while ask her thought provoking questions. Shes more responsive with my questions now than before.

I for my part lost faith in the organization after extensive research and then lost faith in the bible being any thing more than a book. Then lastly I lost faith in any “loving” god that can look down at the earth and allow murder, rape, child molestation ect because some creation of his challenged his authority to rule.

I like what NewChapter said - Work on your critical thinking skills. Don't limit yourself to the bible only, but stretch out and read about science and history. Don't accept anything until you have seriously and thoroughly challenged it. Read opposing views. Seriously consider those views. Don't make up your mind before you delve into it, or else everything will be filtered through confirmation bias.

Take that advice and run with it. Best advice I’ve seen.

I too was "dazed and confused" but no more, hence the name

• mouthy
    mouthy

Welcome TOWER!!!! Great to have you aboard .My advice?

Ask the WAY,TRUTH,LIFE!!!>JESUS CHRIST into your heart & mind,
    HE is the only way to truth....I did that after being in the "LIE" for over
    25 yrs. HE invited me to KNOW him.So it has to be an intimate closeness
    to undersatand those who SAY they love us. I KNOW HE loves me now.

• DubR
    DubR

@toweragent As long as you accept the bible (knowing full well it has contradictions) you will stay confused about a lot. Just stay .a JW and find a better Hall. Less stress and drama that way. OR accept the bible is a plagiarize book of fiction. Your choice. Also, anyone on here telling you just believe in Jesus, trinity is real, or find better religion is still brainwashed by the bible, just sayin

• everchangingworld
    everchangingworld

I had similar thoughts. I started thinking that maybe the org and the leaders weren't as perfect as I had once thought, but that there was still evidence that God was using them. What I saw as "evidence" was: the preaching work, the global scope of the organization, and some of the basic teachings that at the time I thought were much more biblical that other "christian" religions.

Before I started researching the history of JWs, I started comparing other religions outside of WT materials. I found that there wasn't much to set JWs apart, because the others also seemed to back up their teachings to scriptures, and some taught basically the same stuff as witnesses (no hell fire, no soul that lives on after death, etc.

This is pretty interesting on JWfacts: http://www.jwfacts.com/watchtower/similar-religions-to-jehovahs-witnesses.php

So in the end, they isn't much that makes the JWs that different. It left me thinking that there is absolutely zero evidence they are the group "chosen" by Christ or God.

• unstopableravens
    unstopableravens

thanks dub! i guess im brainwashed.lol such a unfouded statement .the trinty is hard to believe because the wt mixes in modilism with the trinty and confuses ppl. jesus is the creator.

• DubR
    DubR

@unstopableravens SOOO Jesus prayed to himself and called himself his heavenly father? Yes you say? Thus further proving you are brainwashed and cant see your book of God is retarded. Me saying you are brainwashed is not an insult, but rather a fact (no disrespect)

• unstopableravens
    unstopableravens

this is my point a non believer who has no idea what the trinity is no jesus was not praying to himself ,thats what the wt would have you think we believe

• DubR
    DubR

I dont believe in fairy tales thus I'm a non believer LOL thats rich. Numbers 23:22 "God brought them out of Egypt; he hath as it were the strength of an unicorn." LOL an unicom. time to twist it to make it work=brainwashed.

"God brought them out of Egypt; he hath as it were the strength of a Loch Ness Monster."

"God brought them out of Egypt; he hath as it were the strength of a Chimera."

Telling this person keep looking for Jebus is only going to confuse him more and its NOT RIGHT!!.

• NeverKnew
    NeverKnew

DubR: I see that you don't believe the Bible in the literal sense. Can you see any conceptual or figurative value in it?

The Republican's most recent potential leader, the Morman Mitt Romney said "the devil is in the details."

I'm beginning to believe that he was wiser than I thought.

• unstopableravens
    unstopableravens

okay you say we are brainwashed for being belivers ,than i call u a non believer and you take issue with that, and at the same time call what i believe in a fiary tale. yeah, than you dont ever address what we were talking about, jesus is god, jesus is not the father.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit