cyberjesus

isnt a "non atheist" a nothing?

• Christ Alone
    Christ Alone

isnt a "non atheist" a nothing?

ha...good point.

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

IMO, the spirit, which is granted By God and returns to God.

Okay. So you are saying that at some point in human history, God chose some children and gave them a spirit that their parents did not have. Any humans that existed before that, whether they simply be individuals in the H. sapien line, or other species of humans, were not granted this spirit.

does that sum it up? Only some humans had spirits and hope of eternal life, while living currently with other humans that did not have such?

That would be at least one generation of children that had spirits while their parents did not. Or perhaps you think it was just two individuals---in which case adjust the statment accordingly.

It would seem also, that those given a spirit would only reproduce with others who had a spirit (otherwise, the above situation would continue), even though they were all humans and pretty much looked and acted the same.

• PSacramento
    PSacramento
    Okay. So you are saying that at some point in human history, God chose some children and gave them a spirit that their parents did not have. Any humans that existed before that, whether they simply be individuals in the H. sapien line, or other species of humans, were not granted this spirit.

Yes, that Adam and Eve ( whether the individuals or the collective) were the first to be given the spirit, IMO.

does that sum it up? Only some humans had spirits and hope of eternal life, while living currently with other humans that did not have such?

All humans have a spirit now.

That would be at least one generation of children that had spirits while their parents did not. Or perhaps you think it was just two individuals---in which case adjust the statment accordingly.

They were the first, yes BUT it is conceivable that they were not the ONLY one to receive it, though IF we take the Garden of Eden as an actual place, they were special amongst all others.

It would seem also, that those given a spirit would only reproduce with others who had a spirit (otherwise, the above situation would continue), even though they were all humans and pretty much looked and acted the same.

I think that humans became human when they got a spirit, Adam and Eve may have been the first but not the only ones.

It is conceivable that while they were the first and as such, were placed in Eden to learn about God, that other humans being born were given a spirit to (oputside of Eden).

• cyberjesus
    cyberjesus

Hey Christ Alone... You are drunk! :-)

that was funny man!

• prologos
    prologos

Do I believe in evolution, adaptation, change? it happens, so I believe it, but only as a tool, as a process that, within the confines of natural laws fine-tunes creatures to optimum performance hence shape. Like in the process, fluid-dynamic laws will result in fantastic bird and sealife shapes.

Do I believe these laws created themselfs? no.

Did the universe that embodies these laws create itself? no.

One reason I believe in evolution is that it relyes heavily on sex for shaping the offspring, unlike a staticly created species which could just clone, like some life forms do.

I think that sex is the best feature of the CREATED evelutionary process. blessings

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

I think that humans became human when they got a spirit, Adam and Eve may have been the first but not the only ones.

It is conceivable that while they were the first and as such, were placed in Eden to learn about God, that other humans being born were given a spirit to (oputside of Eden).

Okay, so you've worked this out. Where does this information come from? Is this what you did personally to make it all fit, or is this taught in the bible, if not, what is the source? These are bold statments and should be open to scrutiny at the source.

• PSacramento
    PSacramento
    Okay, so you've worked this out. Where does this information come from? Is this what you did personally to make it all fit, or is this taught in the bible, if not, what is the source? These are bold statments and should be open to scrutiny at the source.

Well, what I stated as orthodox teachings come from the doctrine of those source and can easily be verififed by anyone of course.

As for what I state as MY OPINION, It is based on my study of the bible, the apostolic fathers,various writings of scholars over the years, 3 years of Theology class abd lots of "meditation" on the subject.

Some of my views echo others and some may be uniquely mine, hence I state that is my opinion as my opinion.

• cofty
    cofty

a process that, within the confines of natural laws fine-tunes creatures to optimum performance hence shape. - prologos

Evolution is responsible for the descent of all living things form a common ancestor. That amounts to a bit more than "fine tuning".

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

hence I state that is my opinion as my opinion.

The way I perceive this is simply that you have worked and reworked your understanding until it fit---but you never seriously considered that it really doesn't fit. I used to so that too--it's excruciating.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit