Believers, do you believe in evolution?

by everchangingworld 159 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• cedars
    cedars

cofty

this simple fact is as likely ot be overturned as the fact that the earth is not flat.

Please don't flood this thread with too much new information all at once. I'm not sure my nerves could take it!!

Cedars

• cofty
    cofty

Sorry Cedars - we can leave the flat earth stuff until you are ready. One step at a time ;)

• cedars
    cedars

cofty

But Cedars evolution is not a religious issue - or it shouldn't be. Its a fact - it doesn't require anyboy's approval.

I know, but it is a thread for "believers", so I am helping believers to reason based on the scriptures.

Apparently it was the issue of plate tectonics that inspired Darwin's work - or so I believe.

Baby steps!

Cedars

• cofty
    cofty

Apparently it was the issue of plate tectonics that inspired Darwin's work - or so I believe.

No that came much later. Domestic dog and bird breeding was a big part of his inspiration.

• botchtowersociety
    botchtowersociety
    After leaving, I still couldn't wrap my head around evolution (after the years of seing "intelligent design" in everything around me).

I never believed in the JW ideas of the age of the universe, even when I was a JW kid after a certain age. The first thing that made me begin to truly doubt them was their denial of evolution.

• cedars
    cedars

cofty

Domestic dog and bird breeding was a big part of his inspiration.

I stand corrected good sir!

Cedars

• ziddina
    ziddina
    "...Fancy having the audacity to gatecrash on a thread for believers..." Cedars

Yeah, I was a little confused by the thread title, too...

I figured it was aimed at Christian believers who also accepted the theory of evolution, but since SO many creationists/'intelligent design' believers claim that atheists "BELIEVE" in evolution, I wasn't sure...

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

For those that believe in evolution and a god, may I ask, at what point in human evolution did humans acquire a soul? Did Lucy (australopithecus) have one? This is our ancestor---did she have a soul? Were our ancestors souless? Lucy really was just an ape. Did humans evolve from souless creatures?

• tec
    tec

For those that believe in evolution and a god, may I ask, at what point in human evolution did humans acquire a soul?

Humans did not acquire a soul (spirit). We are a spirit... trapped within this flesh.

That being said, I don't think that anything is without a spirit.

The spiritual first... then the physical.

Where it all fits together on the timeline in the human evolution... I do not know. That would be one of the missing things that is yet to be discovered or understood. But there is no conflict in reality. The only conflict is in our limited or lacking understanding of one (evolution) or the other (God, spirit, etc)... or both.

There are many possible theories though.

Peace,

tammy

• cofty
    cofty

We are a spirit... trapped within this flesh.

Not me. I'm 100% meat.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit