Just Because Someone Is A JW "Apologist", It Doesn't Mean WE Have To Be Condescending & Nasty

by minimus 94 Replies latest jw friends

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

But they do the same, usually first. They come on the board like gangbusters assuming we've never seen anything like them full steam ready to set us opposers straight. I've even seen some demand all of the apostates leave the board and declare this board for jws only like they owned it (something that always amuses me). Why should any of them be surprised at the reaction they get here? This ain't a hall where one can come in aggressive and the rank in fie will shrink away.

If CN wanted a "nice" response he/she/it would not have started off by calling all of us "opposers" (the sneer was audible). No, CN came here looking for a fight.

• perfect1
    perfect1

I agree with mrs jones. They are super arrogant- also- I have never personally hurt a JW- however I have been hurt by many, most of us have. I dont separate the mind control from the person, like some do. If it comes out of their mouth, they are responsible for it.

That is just my opinion and I do admire those people who are respectful and engage with no hostility. I usually dont care about the crap they talk about- 607- and other Bible numerology.

Actually I think Christ Alone is an example of a very respectful poster. I like him except when he wears his apologist cap, then I feel betrayed.

• brinjen
    brinjen

I've said it before, I'll say it again. I really do believe the apologists that come here trying to convince us all the Watchtower is right do their cause more harm than good. Especially to someone who might come here to find out more about the Jehovah's Witnesses and isn't familiar with their teachings and hasn't been indoctrinated. Face it... they're arguments are not logical and it has to scream "CULT!" to those people especially.

I also believe this is a secondary reason as to why the Watchtower demonises the internet in the first place.

• rickisteel
    rickisteel

Hi i dont understand ridiculing the governing body because of there looks mannerisms etc seems just childish to me

wether they are right or wrong , isnt it also fullfilment of a certain scripture ?

i say this as i find ridicule of anyone immature , oh this is the scripture i mean : 2 peter 3:3

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep
    Has there actually been someone who just didn't know how to ask questions and got dog piled?

I've seen a few being accused of being trolls before their first page was filled. Give them some rope for Christ's sake.

Who wins if people with faulty troll alarms chase off newbies?

• Sola Scriptura
    Sola Scriptura

To: minimus

"I know certain apologists might rub us the wrong way… but let's not be so quick to beat everybody down that's not of our same reasoning."

Thanks for taking up for us JW Apologists! I believe many lurk, but few post.

---

”We would not refuse to treat one as a brother because he did not believe the Society is the Lord's channel.
    If others see it in a different way, that is their privilege. There should be full liberty of conscience.”

WT April 1, 1920, p. 100, 101

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

"

Hi i dont understand ridiculing the governing body because of there looks mannerisms etc seems just childish to me

wether they are right or wrong , isnt it also fullfilment of a certain scripture ?

No, the GB/FDS does not fulfill any scripture. The faithful and discreet slave is a parable, a teaching story. The GB uses that story to usurp the role of Jesus and thereby rendering Jesus' sacrifice as meaningless. The GB has placed themselves in Jesus's role as mediator for mankind. A role they neither were given or deserve. It's more than mature to call fakes and scammers out which is what the GB is.

i say this as i find ridicule of anyone immature , oh this is the scripture i mean : 2 peter 3:3

Great scripture I think it aptly applies to the GB and the organization as a whole.

• stillin
    stillin

when you belong to the one and only true WAY, you tend to get a little judgemental about anybody that criticises it. How stupid and mentally diseased they are, etc.

• rickisteel
    rickisteel

By ridicule i refer to a certain wesite , www.jwsurvey.whatever the you tube videos are just a joke wether the governing body are right wrong upside down or back to front i see no benefit in ridiculing them for the way they look or by their mannerisms , it simply isnt a christian thing to do , and is extremely immature and makes no sense , i thought this after watching a group of chavs ridicule an older lady receptionist while in a hospital waiting room the other day too .

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

You like to repeat yourself don't ya?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit