Just Because Someone Is A JW "Apologist", It Doesn't Mean WE Have To Be Condescending & Nasty

by minimus 94 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

btt

• rickisteel
    rickisteel

Hi i dont understand ridiculing the governing body because of there looks manerisms etc seems just childish to me

wether they are right or wrong , isnt it also fullfilment of a certain scripture ?

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

What scripture?

• minimus
    minimus

Some simply point out the oddness of the GB. (They are odd).

• Christ Alone
    Christ Alone

People like Emery are the reason that I talk to people that many others may consider "Trolls". Troll is an easy name to call someone that comes here with an agenda. But all it does is label them and attempt to discredit anything they say.

But there are very real people on the other end of the computer. People with feelings that came here for a reason. A reason that we most likely don't know about. They may be lost and confused, but it comes across as haughty and self righteous.

But, as Emery brought out, when we show ourselves to be immature and angry people, we only reinforce the stereotypes that were given to them.

• perfect1
    perfect1

isnt it also fullfilment of a certain scripture ?

Any thing can be a fulfilment of a scripture. Thats whats so appealing for the scripture interpreters.

IN the case of the GB, sometimes they get tired of their own interpretations, and luckily, the scriptures are flexible enough to let them do it!

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

What's wrong with childish, isn't there a scripture about how good it is ?

As to the thread title, I think we are driven eventually by the persistent Apologist to be quite sharp with them, when they do not answer questions and simply ignore posters points of view, that is downright rude, but they have to resort to it in the end, or come over to our side !

I don't think we ever have to be nasty, but sometimes we have to be what may seem condescending as JW Apologists sometimes seem to have difficulty with the simplest of arguments and concepts.

I expect the above has already been mentioned, I cannot read all the thread as i have to drive home soon.

I think that however annoying some JW Apologists are ,they are a necessary element to this Forum, it would be a dull place without at least one on the go.

• minimus
    minimus

I think many times that JW's, here sharpen our skills.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Exactly Mini Dot, they serve a purpose.

• minimus
    minimus

To me, constantly putting them down might make some Witnesses feel that what thw Watchtower told them about 'us" is true.,

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit