Just Because Someone Is A JW "Apologist", It Doesn't Mean WE Have To Be Condescending & Nasty

by minimus 94 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

I wonder where the cat gets that from, James?

• problemaddict
    problemaddict

Ether is 100% right. Ether you from SD?

• james_woods
    james_woods
    I wonder where the cat gets that from, James?

As I said, minimus - that cat was adopted.

We believe she was placed in a grocery sack and released in the green belt across from my home. She lived in my garden under our little bridge between the fish ponds until she came up to the back door when it was raining and she was hungry.

Female cats never forget. She still hates paper sacks and cars.

I fed her smoked salmon and capers and partially rehabilitated her to society - at which point she revealed her secret TSG cat powers.

She is now in a state of duality - both hating minimus and not hating minimus.

• minimus
    minimus

I've been here for years. I have seen many trolls and rightly, they have been exposed.

I have seen some JWs get on here and argue their point and get terribly insulted and abused. There's no need for that IF a JW is trying to tell us we are wrong.

We should prove that we are right without resorting to indignity.

• james_woods
    james_woods

BTW - actually, Minimus is correct about his main point of this thread.

We should always be polite here.

If we can.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Just Because Someone Is A JW "Apologist", It Doesn't Mean WE Have To Be Condescending & Nasty

Agree doesn't help anyone.

I do think its good for people to come here and express their thoughts on subjects in a forum of mutual respect.

It can be understandably frustrating to discuss things with these people though being that they so rigidly bias toward WTS. doctrines.

Nevertheless we should let them speak their mind and let the discussion or debate carry itself through for that helps everyone

in creating their own final opinion.

Quite frankly I thought Recovery was a smart debating apologist, they don't come around here too often.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Lick your Finger,Stick it Salt and..

Give Them ..

......................  mutley-ani1.gif ...OUTLAW

• minimus
    minimus

Having some JWs around here isn't necessarily a bad thing.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

One thing thats worth mentioning is that if you do get abruptly nasty and condescending, these individual will just assume

that the people who they are discussing with or being objectively stubborn of accepting " The Truth ".

They will mostly likely therefore leave thinking these truly are evil minded controlled ones, just like the WTS. says they would be.

• undercover
    undercover

The JW way is a system, minimus. That system is our enemy. But when you're inside, you look around, what do you see? Window washers, floor waxers, carpenters, housewives. The very minds of the people we are trying to save. But until we do, these people are still a part of that system and that makes them our enemy. You have to understand, most of these people are not ready to be unplugged. And many of them are so inured, so hopelessly dependent on the system, that they will fight to protect it.

(with apologies to Morpheus)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit