Just Because Someone Is A JW "Apologist", It Doesn't Mean WE Have To Be Condescending & Nasty

by minimus 94 Replies latest jw friends

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

give us an example where an apologist came on, and he was sincire and he got dog piled

• james_woods
    james_woods

We have an example going on right now, and I started the troll clock.

What has been posted makes me strongly believe that this person is NOT sincere.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

but by starting the troll clock, u already feel they are insincere. Has there actually been someone who just didn't know how to ask questions and got dog piled?

• Knowsnothing
    Knowsnothing

Of course it's possible someone innocent gets canned. Hey, guess what, it happens. Attitude is a big factor here. If you come here being confrontational and with illusions of superiority, you will get the boot.

• james_woods
    james_woods

I really cannot recall one, Wha Happened, but I certainly agree with Minimus in that I hope not.

On the other hand, being polite is not the same thing as letting a goat eat down your vegetable garden.

• cedars
    cedars

The point in the OP about being nice to people is well noted. It can be difficult sometimes in the context of this forum, because many people on here have been burned by the organization, so having a seemingly ignorant person come storming onto the site spouting Watchtower rhetoric and (as with Recovery) trying to pick holes in excellent well-researched websites like jwfacts.com is bound to press the wrong buttons with some of us.

I agree with what James said - that genuine apologists are few and far between, and wouldn't normally be found on a forum like this by default. However, I do think it's possible for an apologist to wind up on here if he or she has doubts about one or two things, but still believes it's "the Truth". Then I think it's just as much their responsibility to be polite and respectful as it is ours. I often think of what would happen if a stranger from out of town walked into a local bar in the middle of nowhere and started randomly insulting people and questioning their intelligence. Chances are, he would be taken outside and have his facial features rearranged pretty quickly. I'm certainly not condoning violence or abuse in the form of retaliation against JW apologists who are insulting, but I think it behooves both parties to show respect for one another. Nothing else really works in my experience.

Cedars

• minimus
    minimus

I'm not referring to people who lie and make up stories. I'm talking about people who are sincere, do believe the Watchtower's lies and express their views on this site. Sometimes, WE sound like the Jehovah's Witnesses we try to expose. We don't have to be insultingly harsh everytime a JW wants to post his ideas.

• james_woods
    james_woods

Minimus does have a point here. But my adopted cat hates him.

• minimus
    minimus

NO way! He loves me and you have a thread saying so, James!

• james_woods
    james_woods

The cat lied in that other thread.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit