Just Because Someone Is A JW "Apologist", It Doesn't Mean WE Have To Be Condescending & Nasty

by minimus 94 Replies latest jw friends

• ziddina
    ziddina
    "Just Because Someone Is A JW "Apologist", It Doesn't Mean WE Have To Be Condescending & Nasty"

Ah, correct me if I'm wrong, but...

Shouldn't "apologists" do some damn apologizing first???

• ziddina
    ziddina

Gee, I get to page #3 and I'm the only one kinda sorta still on topic...

How ironic...

• RayPublisher
    RayPublisher

Once again Mouthy gets the MVP award- THANK YOU Granny Grace for making me laugh out loud!

We Love You!

Eric, aka RP

• brinjen
    brinjen

My mother had a ginger and white cat named Kitty when I was a child. Male (of course), and naturally, quite large and heavy. Total grump around other animals, but complete loving sook with humans. He knew where his food came from.

He used to lie on my bed when I got sick with cold, flus, ear infections etc (which was quite frequent). I'd wake up a few times a night with a cat in my face. Then he'd lie next to me and purr me back to sleep.

He also used to growl at the milk man. Remember waking up to his growls, looking outside and seeing the milk man pissing himself laughing at this growling cat.

I stll miss that cat.

Oh yeah... death to the trolls.

• minimus
    minimus

Who care's about a kitty?

• brinjen
    brinjen

Aren't we talking about trolling cats?

• suavojr
    suavojr

Hello everyone! I like this thread. First let me say that I am an active 'born in' JW and I was a lurker for about 6 months. Let me start by saying that I AM NOT AN IDIOT LIKE ETHOS and it is a shame that JW's that can give a good debate are trained to not talk with people that are labeled as 'apostates'.

I know I'm breaking the WT rules for talking and posting here (But it is OK for the GB to have people spy on you guys, Oh the double standards)

Back to my main point, it is a waste of time to insult and argue with stubborn people. So when you come across a stubborn JW or from any other religious denomination, the reality is that no one here will be able to change his/her view... In my case, just for being here does not mean that certain beliefs will change when I can find scriptural support for what I believe.

My approach to any argument I'm confronted with is in accord with:

Proverbs 14:15

New International Version (NIV)

15 The simple believe anything,
    but the prudent give thought to their steps.

So don't be like Ethos and simply present valid points if you have any. (Recipe for success)

• Justitia Themis
    Justitia Themis

Good post M. I was still "in" and had no intention of leaving when I first arrived on this DB.

• mouthy
    mouthy

Coo Eric...So glad I made you laugh...That was what I hoped it would do. But no one else read it

I do believe that everyone skips over my posts. If I was a young blonde I am sure I would get responses.
    I am off to bed But your post Eric is gonna make me sleep

• minimus
    minimus

Mouthy,

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit