"Believers" vs. Atheists- Why this formulation?

by Band on the Run 132 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Chariklo
    Chariklo

What personal attack? Neither Sab nor I made one. Why should you make remarks like that with impunity, Cofty?

That was a definite and unwarranted personal attack from you.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

I appreciated the "poked" comment EP. Sometimes a bt of levity is called for.

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

What personal attack? Neither Sab nor I made one. Why should you make remarks like that with impunity, Cofty?

Sab called me a psycho

• sabastious
    sabastious

well sab, thank-you for that mildly offensive, very stupid comment. i am sure that will be a valuable contribution to this thread.

Well BTS I did agree there was " intelligent, respectful discussion between atheists and Christians"- then along came Chariklo and Sab with the all too familiar personal attacks.

So frustrating!

Seriously, WTF is wrong with you people? This thread is not a place for sexual innuendo, it's simply innapropriate, but yet you just ignore it as if it were not there. If I came into one of your threads and made a random sexual comment I would get so much heat for it. Your hypocrisy is astounding and totally invisible to you. I used to think it would be nice to have a beer or something with you guys. Now I know that would be a bad idea. You guys don't deserve to have a beer with me.

-Sab

• sabastious
    sabastious
    Sab called me a psycho

That's because you are. I wouldn't allow you around my children.

-Sab

• ziddina
    ziddina

Ironically, the bizarre form of emotionalistic belief that some on-board have succumbed to, falls into a category of "heresy" or even "blasphemy" for nearly all other Christians...

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Well, are bets are off now.

I don't like beer. I do like sex.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Sab called me a psycho

It comes from both sides.

The JW mindset is against these things.
    Sanity is against these things.
  • EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

That's because you are. I wouldn't allow you around my children.

Sorry, Sab, despite your childish attempts to engage me by calling names, engaging in hyper sensitivity regarding harmless comments that were not directed at you and had absolutely nothing to do with you (and apparent desire to deprive your children of adult supervision), as per my word I will not engage with you.

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

I appreciated the "poked" comment EP. Sometimes a bt of levity is called for

Thanks, Mrs J. That's how I read it the first time, I had to go back and read it again, I knew that didn't sound right. Just seemed a little humorous.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit