"Believers" vs. Atheists- Why this formulation?

by Band on the Run 132 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• tec
    tec

Sab didn't ask for anything; I did, out of concern for Sab and hope that a ceasefire might calm things between the two of you. I appreciate you keeping your word to me, EP.

Peace,

tammy

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

Sab didn't ask for anything; I did, out of concern for Sab and hope that a ceasefire might calm things between the two of you. I appreciate you keeping your word to me, EP.

Tec, there are conversations you are not privy to.

• Chariklo
    Chariklo

Band, you wrote " This is a habit born of the JW's".

You've absolutely hit the nail on the head. Several of us have noticed that the group of "militant atheists", as someone accurately described them earlier this evening on another thread, are not only reacting strongly against the JW's they were part of until recently, but are clearly using those same techniques, learned and developed under the WT's tutelage, in attempting to argue their case.

By and large, Christians don't do that. They have a prayer life. Catholics have a rich devotional life unknown to JW's, and Christians of other traditions also have a deep faith that does not require the "evidence" so often demanded by some of the atheists here. In talking with the very few JW's with whom I still, less and less frequently, interact, I've observed that to me it's as though they are in a forest but literally can't see it as they are not only focusing on a single tree, but on a small flake of bark on that tree.

These atheists are like that. But they're quite good at it, at painting white black and completely fudging an argument and befuddling an opponent as a point is twisted and twirled.

Bet they were good on the doors, someone said! And Band, you have it spot on!

With respect, they won't like that. Now i'll duck to avoid the fallout!

• tec
    tec

Okay then.

Peace,

tammy

• sabastious
    sabastious

I refuse to allow Band's awesome thread be derailed. Tec, you know the truth, don't let psychos dictate to you.

The atheist mindset is attractive to a certain personality type. Yes, there are atheists of all types, but unbelief strikes a certain chord with certain predisposed genetic personalities. These types often become the more verbal atheists and tend to define the whole movement. They have leadership issues because they don't want to be considered a group, however they act much like a political party.

-Sab

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

I refuse to allow Band's awesome thread be derailed. Tec, you know the truth, don't let psychos dictate to you.

Sabby, despite your attempts to get attention from me by acting like a petulant child and calling names when you're not getting what you want, I will, as per my word, not engage in discussion with you.

• Chariklo
    Chariklo

Though, actually, you just did, EP! ;)

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

I know, Char. It was like a methodone shot for a heroin addict. It wasn't REAL attention.

• bohm
    bohm

well sab, thank-you for that mildly offensive, very stupid comment. i am sure that will be a valuable contribution to this thread.

• cofty
    cofty

Well BTS I did agree there was " intelligent, respectful discussion between atheists and Christians"- then along came Chariklo and Sab with the all too familiar personal attacks.

So frustrating!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit