New video: Stephen Lett warns about "Women's Lip"

by cedars 60 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• perfect1
    perfect1

good job Cedars. excellent font choice.

Need to throw up now.

• J. Hofer
    J. Hofer

Makes you wonder how anointed women and men are going to make the transition when they are resurrected as perfect, immortal spirits to rule with Christ in heaven. Will women still be secondary to men?

that's an easy one. now that only the 7 (or so) old (or not so old) farts (still) in brooklyn are the only guys who rule the earthly denizens, the number of heavenly tickets may be reduced too. as paul said, there are at least 7 heavens, so women probably get the least one anyway.

• life is to short
    life is to short

Yep that's what cased my husband to be deleted as an elder after 32 years because I was not in subjection enough and spoke up about the pedophiles in the hall. I did not know my place it seemed.

I am truly not joking that is what the body told my husband when they deleted him was the reason was because he could not keep me in subjection.
    LITS

• Aussie Oz
    Aussie Oz

and what would happen if women stopped being in subjection, Stephen Combover?

They would end up kicking 7 butts out of brooklyn and take over the religion i imagine!

Oz

• grumblecakes
    grumblecakes

Ohhhh, how I dislike this Lett guy.

• Apognophos
    Apognophos

That opening with the singers absolutely cracked me up. Maybe I'm the only one seeing it for the first time (certainly I'd heard the song before), but it's amazing how something old-timey like that, which was originally sincere, can seem incredibly sarcastic in another context. Anyway, well-made video, cedars.

• Cadellin
    Cadellin

Dear God, this is outrageous. Don't the GB have any idea how outdated and out of touch they appear when they refer to women's lib like that? Even when I was an active JW, this kind of shit made me squirm.

What talk or occasion was this given at?

• Dagney
    Dagney

Man this guy is creepy.

• cedars
    cedars

Cadellin - I don't have a date or venue I'm afraid. The clip is taken from a talk entitled "Safeguard Your Relationship With Jehovah by Cultivating Humility".

Cedars

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

wow that guy is a loon.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit