New video: Stephen Lett warns about "Women's Lip"

by cedars 60 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Heaven
    Heaven

This was one of the reasons I could not be a Jehovah's Witness. I knew in my heart of hearts I could never live subjugated. It's just not me. I wanted something better.

The idea of a woman placing herself as a second class citizen to a man does not work. I watched my Mom become a sickly, shell of a person because of this. Any JW woman is going to have a tough time operating in any sort of business if they believe this crap.

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe

Cedars, great reminder. I don't know how I put up with men like him treating me like an idiot all those years. I remember having to explain to one elder that the sun is not a planet, it's a star. Of course I did it with deep respect

• Knowsnothing
    Knowsnothing

How blessed are we for this fine counsel from one of the members of the faithful and discrete slave!

• designs
    designs

Will the women who wish to remain JWs stand up to the Leadership and demand equality.

Someday, maybe someday.

• cedars
    cedars

I was watching an interview today on the news in which a lady was giving her professional opinion on some issue or other. She was poised, confident and knowledgeable - and she gave the perfect interview. You could tell she really knew her subject. In that moment I remembered this video and the mysogynism within Jehovah's Witnesses and other Christian groups. It occurred to me that a vast pool of women with excellent leadership skills is currently lying dormant and over-looked, with all these women under the illusion that their opinion is irrelevant purely because of their gender. They must regularly put up with being bossed around by men who, in many cases, are less knowledgeable or skilled than they are - purely because they have the "wrong" set of genitalia. Crazy stuff.

Cedars

• Simon Morley
    Simon Morley

I would like to see a talkfight with Lett/Losch/Splane up against Hilary Clinton/Chelsea Handler/Madonna. The have all one thing in common - no balls so it will be quite fair.

• Healthworker
    Healthworker

This is cool bro!

Love Healthworker

• designs
    designs

Who on the inside of the Wt. ever gets to stand up to these guys and call them out for stupid ideas. Fear allows tyrannts to gain more power, Disfellowshipping seals the deal.

• ziddina
    ziddina
    "Happily married people, who have sorted this out succesfully, live longest, perhaps one day really long. blessings..." Prologos, page #3

Actually, married MEN live longer than SINGLE men;

However, some studies have shown that married WOMEN have SHORTER LIFE SPANS than SINGLE women., while others have indicated that there is a VERY small lifespan increase for married women....

From Scientific American: http://www.scientificamerican.com/article.cfm?id=why-women-live-longer

Indeed, statistically speaking, men get a much better deal out of marriage than their wives—married men tend to live many years longer than single men, whereas married women live only a little bit longer than single women.
  • prologos
    prologos

ziddina: may be it's the statistics beyond lies. (there are lies, damn* lies and then there are statistics). Are the single woman counted perhaps really the widows that live so long?---- what I meant is for all to make the best of the two gender situation.it is a very successful arrangement. ---- The WTBS inc knows which side their toast is buttered on. they will bend over backward ( hard to do if you are not naturally flexible) to please our better half.--- In a recently studied publication,bt-E book, page 107 they showed at least 3 ladies attending the only first century " GB meeting". Thus they even add to the scriptural record to do it. They are not men pleasers as of Eph. 6:6, they are woman pleasers. --so, let Lett be Lett, because the future obviously is going to be better for all. blessings * pardon the ignoring of rule 3.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit