New video: Stephen Lett warns about "Women's Lip"

by cedars 60 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Lett isn't any stupider or more zealous than many other WTS. speakers .

He's there to regurgitate WTS. doctrines, just because he has a GB on his lapel doesn't mean much in actuality,

accept to a brainwashed JW who thinks he has specific value as a spiritual leader.

I never got the impression from any of these guys that they had a strong intellect or high educational back ground.

Therefore Lett doesn't sound unique in JW land by any standards , rather more typical .

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

A matter of fact he reminds of some loony speakers giving a talk on Sunday's public talk

and they weren't GB people, I assure you.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

perhaps it's because so much time has gone by since I heard one of these talks. Most of the other speakers at the DA are way less interesting and come off as a droning noise. This guy just goes on like it's scripture itself. He really sells it. ugh

• wannabefree
    wannabefree

If it is from the same recording I have, he gave the same talk in Portugal in 2007 ... although the Women's Lib illustration would seem to be U.S. specific.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

what creeped me as well was how he described women's lib, as if it was their intention to throw the WT into upheaval. Single sisters with children could have used women's "lip" to get decent wages to support their child. It's not like they are going to get financial assistane from the cong.

• wannabefree
    wannabefree

... nope, not on the Portugal recording, Lett does mention Women's Liberation Movement at about 17:30 but not "Lip" comment

BIG FAN OF YOUR WORK CEDARS!

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Stephen Lett = 0% humility

What can you expect from an idiot that thinks he must be God's Channel of Communication simply because he can nibble crackers and sip wine once a year?

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Oh, and there can't be any women angels in heaven because they would distract the men angels and they'd want to have sex. Stuff like that makes Jehovah sad.

• designs
    designs

1st level of heaven- Laundry room for white robes, 2nd level- House keeping.

• aposta-Z
    aposta-Z

I love the: "They'd lose their beautiful humility" bit. Sorry but there is nothing beautiful about that.

Actually if you treat your wife as an equal she might gain some "beautiful humidity"...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit