New video: Stephen Lett warns about "Women's Lip"

by cedars 60 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

The WTS. is trying to postulate that woman should be second class people with less power

and control of men in a marriage arrangement or outside.

Just like the way it was in ancient Judea by the Hebrews and today in fundamental

Islamic regions of the world.

The WTS. likes to regurgitate the social moral standards of the ancient Hebrews because

it both validates and facilitates the power unto themselves.

Religion is a power game whether you realize it or not.

• designs
    designs

After months of hearing old Right Wing Evangelical Politicians put down women it all sounds so familiar.

• prologos
    prologos

aposta-z Many men actually treat their wifes more than equal, they adore them. in turn wifes give their husband the last word: "YES DEAR!". The two genders sexes are equal, with the females the stronger flexible and more intelligent half. If you like to control others, both sexes do well in their own way. The carricature bit comes in when ladies act like failed men and vice versa. like we say in french: "vivre la difference". not to be overlooked here should be that the wtbs is ladies best friend, Lett et al notwithstanding. Where else can you have an audience perhaps 3 times a week, given a microphone linked to an amplification system and boom your message out to receptive, rapt listeners but at the kh? The "elder's" role reduced to deciding which sister shall speak next? and then the org gives you the privilege to generously contribute your familie's earnings, inheritance, to perpetuate this great arrangement? and you are doing better than in the apostles day! when the only sister resurrected in the flesh after our Lords departure was DORCAS, renown not for her "well thought out comments." but her needle work for the needy. Happily married people, who have sorted this out succesfully, live longest, perhaps one day really long. blessings:

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

not to be overlooked here should be that the tbs is ladies best friend

BULLSHIT

Serving the wants and needs of the Watchtower publishing house and the men behind this organization is all

they are trained to do and be submissive to all men.

• DarioKehl
    DarioKehl

How can anyone sit in the audience and take this guy seriously? I've seen him give talks a few times throughout the USA and everytime he's on stage, I get extremely uncomfortable. I've commented about him a few times before on this forum and have even admitted that he is a major reason why my doubting process accelerated. He just screams "CULT!"

To become a member of the Holy GB, one would have to log several years in full time service (piosneering, elder, C.O., etc.). My question is this: likely, this horrible man was neck deep in the bOrg back in the days when "Gs" and "Ws" were tossed around in the TMS. I want to know how he ever made it through the beginning grading process at the lowly TMS level when he makes such grotesque, bizarre and disturbing facial expressions. What school overseer in their right mind would pass him along without giving him very strong counsel to tone down the silly faces and cult leader eyes? What was the GB smoking when they communed together in the presence of holy spirit and said, "This looks like a well-rounded and stable guy. Let's appoint him!"

This man is doing more damage and giving more bad PR for the society from within than any molestation/real estate/hedge fund/UN scandal could ever inflict from the outside. I hope that with each assembly and convention delivery he makes, that his looney stage presense alone will wake up more JWs who are secretly struggling inside the group. It worked on me! That's for damn sure.

• Chaserious
    Chaserious

This guy is awful. Has anyone even used the term "women's lib" since around the 1970's? I am pretty sure that the only place I heard that term growing up was at the KH and from my parents, warning about how evil it was. In reality, I never got the sense that the sisters were quite as submissive and genteel as things would be in Lett's fantasy land. With a few exceptions, it seemed like most of the sisters were more or less equals in everyday life. The brothers loved to puff themselves up with this macho head of the house nonsense, but few of them really backed it up. I mean, wherever we went on vacation was usually where my mom wanted to go, not where the "head of the house" decided, and I think it was the same way more often than not among other families I knew in the WTS.

• whathappened
    whathappened

The theocratic ministry school conductor should council him on his personal appearance and grooming. That come over is an abomination!

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

I'm still creeped by him. Why did I watch that damn video? WHY? WHY?

• mamochan13
    mamochan13

He's a creep. But I heard the same message countless times from other elders, COs, DOs, at assemblies, etc., etc. Women are second class citizens.

I must say, though, Cedars. I love the tune Getting to Know You. It brings back memories of one of my favourite movies, The King and I (which ironically is about a woman fighting deeply entrenched gender stereotypes). I also love the Lennon Sisters. Used to watch them when I was a kid.

• kurtbethel
    kurtbethel

It could be that he objects to women's labia, especially when he found out that most of (not all) the other governing body members preferred that to his mouth.

Watchtower Jehovah's Witnesses Governing Body Stephen Lett me come in your mouth O holy one

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit