Faith... and Trust: The Same Things?

by AGuest 452 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• bohm
    bohm

sab:

Sorry, but both of you have no idea what you are talking about. What you are seeing is simply mannerisms rubbing off due to friendship and mentorship.

mannerisms rubbing over due to religious mentoring is exactly it. That and the sermons, the constant "me me me" (i believe we right now have a thread on the front page about how aguest felt this morning), the stirring and so on.

• bohm
    bohm

tec: Enough said on that I think, because there is no evidence of a cult,

just to be clear, you mean the dictionary definition of evidence or the one where peoples feelings play in which is normally thrown around as "other kinds of evidence"?

• tec
    tec

I mean the kind of evidence that those making the accusations always state that they require.

Peace,

tammy

• bohm
    bohm

Situation-specific definition of evidence. how .. usefull.

• tec
    tec

LOL

Just trying to keep the playing field level. But you go ahead and use whatever evidence you want. You will not make a case for 'cult', because there is no cult.

Anyway, here is my second try on 'enough said'.

Peace,

tammy

• AGuest
    AGuest

(Shaking head)... Goodness gracious (and peace to you, all!). Okay, here's my last comment(s) on the matter (that the thread has turned to, but not faith/trust):

To any on this board who have adopted a style of posting similar to mine (i.e., (1) "quote and [corresponding] response" - because you can see the benefit of doing it that way as (a) it sets out the issues more plainly, (b) allows you to address what was actually stated, while (c) reducing the opportunity for others to misstate/twist what you stated... versus very generally responding to blocks of comments, which often does get misstated/misconstrued and leads to even further confusion)... and (2) including a greeting of peace, either as an opening or closing... or both... and whether you've done so as a believer or as a non-believer (because some of both have)... take heed: some folks here want you to cut it out. Because it causes them concern: they believe such to be indicative of my starting... and you joining... a cult... or engaging in cultish thinking/conduct. They believe that such a style and such greetings are better off as mine alone and take issue with you utilizing the same. It worries them because they believe that by your doing so you are in fact "following" me and I am "leading" you. And, unfortunately, that scares them.

Nevermind the benefits of responding in such a style... and in such greetings (i.e., that it IS a wish for peace among those engaging AND that Christ did tell those who followed HIM to engage others with a greeting of peace).

As to those of the Household of God, Israel... and those who go with... who may have adopted such a style (the greatest of love and peace to you!):

Nevermind that:

1. It's Christ that you are looking at and imitating... not me... and that it only appears like you're looking at and trying to imitate me because I'm looking at and trying to imitate That One, as well, and so, since he is the One we are ALL looking at... and trying to imitate... we all are moving toward looking like and imitating HIM...

2. We repeatedly state that we are following no one BUT Christ...

3. I/others ask and state that no one IS to follow ANY of US...

4. We repeatedly state that we have no leader but Christ... and that no one among us is greater than any other, but that we, all of us, are simply servants of one another... and all others...

5. We DO investigate the things shared with us by one another, and that there is WRITTEN documentation and record as to the things we speak of...

6. When we have DO doubts or concerns, we either ASK God/Christ... and/or in some other manner TEST the expression... stated to be inspired or otherwise...

7. We say we do... and DO... have and use critical thinking faculties...

These say differently... and that our "union" concerns them, worries them. We even can see where it anger such ones. So, they are saying to cut it out.

I would not even undertake to tell you what to do on this matter. I, though, must listen to the words of the One I follow and imitate... who says to ME that I have will, ability... and RIGHT... to choose... what I will do and who I will listen to... the Holy One of Israel, JAHESHUA, the Chosen One of JAH (MischaJah). As for me and MY household, then... we're just gonna follow that One, who has never lied to us or led us astray... but the contrary has always spoken the trust and actually led us OUT... and AWAY from those who were misguiding us... who does not MAKE us choose, but truly is the only one who gives us a real choice.

You, dear, dear ones... must also decide and choose as to things for yourselves. But do so for yourselves; do not let ANYONE else... including me, your servant, choose FOR you. And I know you don't. They, though, just can't seem to grasp that.

Again, the greatest of love and peace to you!

Your servant, as I am servant to the Household of God, Israel, and all those who go with... and your fellow slave of Christ,

SA

• cofty
    cofty

re. points 1-7 ; Russell would have said exactly the same things right up to the day the old git died on a train wearing a tablecloth.

• AGuest
    AGuest

Actually, I think he actually may have, C. I wouldn't put it past him. But, then, that's what makes an imposter an imposter, right? The ability to imitate the genuine article... and pretty good? Doesn't mean all who imitate the genuine article (Christ) ARE imposters, though. Unfortunately, most will have to wait until they see Christ more plainly... and as he truly is... hence, when he returns... to know who was/is and who isn't/wasn't.

Some can "see" him now, though, and so don't have the same concerns as perhaps you do.

A slave of Christ,

SA

• cofty
    cofty

Some can "see" him now, though, and so don't have the same concerns as perhaps you do.

Some can see all sorts of things. We normally call it a delusion but when lots of people like you share it together we call it religion.

• tec
    tec

Who is 'we'?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit