Faith... and Trust: The Same Things?

by AGuest 452 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Lozhasleft
    Lozhasleft

There were no insults Cofty. There were questions and suggestion of the answers. I am sure you are not so hypersensitive, I believe you are making excuses to absolve your rude behaviour. But whatever, now I've derailed, which wasnt my intention. And no, I'm not always nice, honestly. Sometimes I am so pi**ed off at people and if there's one thing that winds me up its unfairness and rudeness when there is no need.

There are people in Gaza being blasted to bits as we write, kids dying of starvation, and so on. In the face is such horrors do we need to rip into one another on a forum that's been set up to help us ALL to recover from an evil cult? No, we don't. We could be offering a united front for ones trying to escape, for ones battling to recover. We could be, if we all wanted to.

Loz x

• cofty
    cofty

There were no insults Cofty.

Yes there was. Shelby insulted all the people I used to worship with and all the church-going members of this board and her own.

We could be offering a united front for ones trying to escape, for ones battling to recover.

By trying to recruit them to a new form of superstition to replace the one they just escaped from perhaps?

By the way Shelby did claim in all seriousness that Seraphs washed her feet and gazed up into her eyes. I didn't make that up.

• bohm
    bohm

shelby is in parts just trying to stir up shit, that should be clear to everyone now that she has returned from her little platform because it was to booring.

nothing to see here, but i do think the sermons ought to go into the politics section.

• tec
    tec

Well, at least Cofty opens the thread to discuss the OP.

Bohm, did you read that critical thinking thread where it says that you should NOT apply motive to people, because you will be wrong?

Peace,

tammy (who changed her post to Bohm, so as to take Loz's advice to Cofty, because my own post was feeding the flames)

• bohm
    bohm

tec: so what exactly is the accusation?

• tec
    tec

Re-read my post above yours please, Bohm.

thanks and peace,

tammy

• Lozhasleft
    Lozhasleft

We could be offering a united front for ones trying to escape, for ones battling to recover.

By trying to recruit them to a new form of superstition to replace the one they just escaped from perhaps?

No, not at all, by showing them that there is freedom out here in the world to choose to believe there's a god or to choose to believe there isn't. And that this forum provides a haven for both.

Loz x

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

I just have to chuckle a little bit at a poster telling us that there are more important things in the world than this discussion---while contributing to that discussion. It is funny. It's a good way to invalidate a lot of things, because there are more important things in the world, yet they are just as engaged as we are.

I think a valid point has been raised, and one that I and (forive me for bringing in your name) Rather Be In Hades have been pointing out. Cofty's past spirituality was indeed just dismissed because it was somehow 'tainted' because he was a member of a church. 'Spiritual' people often do this to those of us that identified with religions in our past. Our experience is somehow not as valid as theirs, because we found our spirituality in a church. We talk about the love and devotion and faith we used to have, and it is clear they don't really 'buy' it because we were 'just' following a religion.

I have pointed out that JW's, Mormons, Scientologists and even Muslims are just as handily dismissed. That wasn't 'real' spirituality. This is a deep bias that they often display. And yet, if we dismiss their spirituality as something we experienced, but got to the bottom of, that is offensive. To pretend that some of us don't understand or have never experienced deep spirituality because it was 'tainted' by a religion is deeply insulting. You dismiss my entire experience while insisting that I respect yours.

I don't really care beyond the fact that it is kind of calling me a type of liar, but I do find the bias to be quite interesting.

• bohm
    bohm

no i dont think i read that thread, but it hardly seem like a very convincing argument.

We apply motives to people all the times, preaching seem to be the motive in this case. Shit-stirring seem to come a close second, given she has allready made a platform where she can be without. In fact, i think we had an "i am leaving" thread a while back.

• bohm
    bohm

Cofty's past spirituality was indeed just dismissed because it was somehow 'tainted' because he was a member of a church.

OMG, Cofty did not have True Worship!

how original.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit