Faith... and Trust: The Same Things?

by AGuest 452 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• cofty
    cofty

Myelaine misrepresented tec and Shelbys Forum.. - OUTLAW

I don't agree but that's beside the point. How does that excuse resorting to personal insults and then attempt to justify those insults?

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

I understand, Outlaw. But then she called her tiny brained and tiny hearted. That was mean.

Also, I was simply addressing a post that Aguest made, and contrasted it with other things said. That was not an attack. That was a simple challenge, and a resepectful one. I didn't think she would need to be defended from such. It's a valid observation. Is that off limits too?

• AGuest
    AGuest
    Aguest, I don't say that you must allow bullying. Yet there are ways to handle insult without getting so personal.

I got personal??

I don't even think you need to turn the other cheek. I was being neutral. I didn't defend any attack on you, but pointed out that you get pretty personal yourself.

I only personal when the indication is that someone wants to make it personal: okay, so that's what you honestly think of me/what I'm doing. Here is what I think of what you're doing... and why.

I've used the illustration of the shooting a squirrel with an elephant gun with you before. I think you take much milder insults as an excuse to come at a person full force.

This isn't about squirrels and elephants, dear NC, not by any stretch. It's about sheep and wolves or lions. One may not need an elephant gun, no. One surely isn't gonna back a wolf or lion off a sheep with gun that only shoots enough tranquilizers to calm a squirrel...

I think you take much milder insults as an excuse to come at a person full force.

I think you think you know Michelle... and what she means as to me... and assume there is a "mildness" behind it. May I ask you: have you ever compared the words of, say, Christ... or perhaps Moses... Paul... to their opposers... and those of, say, the Adversary? Whose words, may I ask, did YOU find to be "milder"?

Perhaps saying that will get me into trouble, I don't know. I'm not trying to cause trouble.

Oh, c'mon... seriously?? This isn't kindergarten. If it were, you would have at least had the childlike mind to point out BOTH "errors" if indeed you felt there were two... starting with the first. Give me a break... please...

I am pointing out that using a smack as an excuse to go for the knives is not very balanced in my eyes.

And you underestimate Michelle. You have absolutely no idea of the exchanges between she and I over the years... and just because YOU don't know doesn't mean I... and others... don't. Truly, Michelle shouldn't even be in this thread because her only reason for such is to blaspheme. But she chose to be here... and I have absolutely NO problem with that. If, though, wants to "cook"... perhaps she... and perhaps also you... should understand that temperatures do rise in kitchens. I mean, don't turn on the stove if you don't want the room to heat up. Simple enough.

Just becasue somebody disagrees with you does not mean they have a "tiny mind".

That's what you call someone "simply disagreeing"? Interesting. It was not about Michelle disagreeing... and you know it. Quit trying to impress NC with your "I was a WT elder so when I something is, it is..." melarkey.

It was a childish remark and you should apologise.

It was the absolute truth, as to her mind AND her heart. I cannot apologize for stating the truth... particularly to the offspring of a... well, you know where I'm going. I mean, it's not like you don't know the dynamic between Michelle and myself.

At least its a believer insulting a believer this time.

Interesting. It wasn't, though, when Michelle attempted to insult me, right Brother Cofty? Thing is, you're looking at it with your "I was a WT elder and so I know who was wronged and who should apologize and who shouldn't" eyes. But you're eyes have fooled you... yet again. Both your "I was a WT elder" eyes... and those you read with. Because I can see NOWHERE where you apparently expect Michelle, a so-called believer... to apologize for attempting to insult me. And I say attempted... because she didn't. Can't she. I don't choose to let her.

Turn the other cheek.

I have turned it... for all of you. Unfortunately, I am yet imperfect and so, unlike my Lord... who took all that was heaped upon him by HIS opposers (well, not exactly - he didn't stay silent ALL the time, did, he but actually responded a time or two... you know, the whole "Woe to you" and "Offspring of vipers!" and "You are like your father, the Devil... that one was a manslayer and so are you"... and "Who gonna save YOUR butts from Gehenna" and "O wicked and evil generation!"... and so on and so on...). Me... I don't have the patience of Job, sorry. But I don't go around lying and trying to make people think I do... just because I know how to spell "love."

No, I tend to slap back, after awhile. Even punch out lights, if I forget myself. Dratted imperfect flesh. Praise JAH there is a savior... because, as I've openly admitted to each and every one of you... I am certainly in need of one. Not like you dear, "I'm so good and righteous, I NEVER do such things because I am ALWAYS in perfect control... and so I don't need a savior." Funny thing, you probably won't have one when the time comes, either.

Freely forgive so that you may be forgiven.

Well, if I haven't forgiven Michelle... oh so many times... I don't know what. But tell you what: you go first. Let's see YOU do some freely forgiving. Please... show us all what that looks like. Let' start with, say, your relationship with dear Sab (peace to you, dear one!). Go on, give it go...

Do not return evil for evil

Truth is never evil; it's what's done in the name of it that is. Here, I did nothing but show someone some mercy... by not reminder her of her blas... nevermind. You get the picture. I know she does.

But I say unto you, That whosoever is angry with his brother without a cause shall be in danger of the judgment: and whosoever shall say to his brother, Raca, shall be in danger of the council: but whosoever shall say, Thou fool, shall be in danger of hell fire. -

You apparently don't understand what (1) "without a cause" means; (2) a "brother" is (Michelle has made it quite plain... even stating... that she is not MY "brother", so...); (3) what "Raca" means; and (4) "You [despicable] fool"... or why the latter was even an issue. Shame: all that "WT elder" training - public talks, leading Book Studies, parts on the TMS... and for what? Nada, apparently. Didn't learn a thing except how to sit in judgment of things you have absolutely no knowledge... or true understanding... of. Well, done!

People, please...

A slave of Christ,

SA, who learned thatwhile he did not fight his ultimate fate... or call down evil on anyone... my Lord absolutely DID respond to those who opposed him... and not always "nicely." Even if such were his own disciples.

• tec
    tec

NC, do not use me to further your points, please, because you won't get it right.

Michelle has been extremely insulting all on her own, but you seem to overlook that in favor of rebuking Aguest. This does not suprise me in the least.

Cofty, how about... just because a person disagrees with you does not mean that they are irrational or unreasonable people?

Just before this turns into one of those Aguest is always wrong threads, perhaps some people might want to take a moment to look at their own responses.

Peace,

tammy

• Lozhasleft
    Lozhasleft

The desperation to bring AGuest down, by any means, just beggars belief. She reacts to personal insults, on her own thread, the one insulting gets warned ......and out come the attackers. So predictable every time. If it wasnt so pathetic it would be laughable.

Loz x

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

and MY work will be DONE

May I ask, what work is this? Specificaly? I know we have all agreed that there is no preaching here, but there is work, and I'm not clear what that work is. Thank you.

• elderelite
    elderelite

Quit trying to impress NC with your "I was a WT elder so when I something is, it is..." melarkey.

I still am a WT elder... and your still passive agressive and insulting to people. However since the owners of the board seem intent on supporting your tirades and trying muzzel anyone who attempts to question your bitchy nature... well you have free reign it seems. Just know my dear one (pieces to you!) that always enjoyed our exchanges. I enjoy it more when you leave crying about people being flyies though....

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/jw/friends/228081/7/To-the-Household-of-God-Israel-and-Those-Who-God-With

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

The desperation to bring AGuest down, by any means, just beggars belief. She reacts to personal insults, on her own thread, the one insulting gets warned ......and out come the attackers. So predictable every time. If it wasnt so pathetic it would be laughable.

Loz? I didn't attack, nor did I support an attack. Tec, forgive me, but we have discussed in detail that you don't call other believers wrong, so I was questioning exactly what that meant. Is that off limits? Is it correct to call another believer wrong or is it incorrect? Or does it vary from person to person? Why is everyone getting so defensive? I was very respectful. I didn't resort to personal attacks. I challenged an idea. Why is this so offensive and in need of defenders?

What was inappropriate about my post? Please be specific. Because I don't know anymore. I was incredibly careful, and now I'm getting piled on. Why is that happening? Is it okay to challenge, respectfully, or is it not?

• cofty
    cofty

I didn't read all of your insulting response Shelby but it looks like the word elder came up quite a lot. That is very lame.

I was as compassionate an elder as you could hope to find. I often fell out with other elders for the way they spoke to or about bros and sisters. I thought elders should see themselves as being like older brothers who were there to look out for the rest of the family and look after them. I despised elders who viewed themselves as authority figures.

Anyway, if you can't see that telling somebody who disagrees with you that they have a tiny mind is reprehensible then that is a pity.

• Lozhasleft
    Lozhasleft

I still am a WT elder... EE

That counts for so very little here, thankfully.

Loz x

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit