The Stones are touring...........kinda

by dinah 53 Replies latest jw friends

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

Don't they do small venues for about $6,000. per ticket. The last tour they played Madison Square Garden in NY but also this old dance hall. I forget the name of the dance hall. It was legendary. Rockers made fun of the crowd. It played music from the 1940s and 1950s with ballroom dancing. I laughed so hard to see the Stones booked there. It must have been part of the marketing...sort of like Dylan doing Cadillac commercials.

I started upgrading myself during high school. Security is usually not very tight. I doubt I could start doing it today. The president of ABC news gave me a pass for the Democratic convention when Clinton was nominated. I never went through such a gauntlet of security. A torrential downpour was occuring. Some teenager told me I did not floor access, only minor press access. Ted Kennedy started to speak. I recalled all my sneaking into better seats and said let her stop me. This is my house. I ended up in great seats.

When I had a ballet subscription, a friend was interested but invested her discretionary funds in opera. When I took my seat, I scanned the area for seats that were empty after the performance started. We met at the first intermission. I gave her the aisle and seat number. She then walked as if she were a patron. Since she volunteered for the ballet guild, she had free admission to the building. I saved her thousands of dollars. Even at rock concerts, I can't believe how many good seats are empty.

• undercover
    undercover

The Stones were the greatest rock n roll band in the world... from 1964 thru about 1974. After that, not so much.

They still put on great shows and they'd have the odd good song or two from time to time, but the days of Sticky Fingers, Exile, Let it Bleed, Beggar's Banquet were never to be repeated...

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

These rockers are old now but so am I. I have great joy when I see them. As someone screamed to Bob Dylan at the Bangladesh concert when others were screaming for "Maggie's Farm," "Just stand there!"

I cry for the memories. Yes, they once were better performers but I am willing to pay tribute as an older person that their music was awesome and remains awesome.

• elderelite
    elderelite

Saw steel wheels in '88 at RFK (home of the redskins) Was a hell of a good show :)

• flipper
    flipper

DINAH- My wife and I read Keith's biography " Life " finished it a month ago. What a great read from a really cool guy ! The guy has such a dark sense of humor( like my wife and me ) it was a great read ! Hilarious and engaging. It was about 500 pages but we read it faster than I thought. Very gripping, didn't want to put it down. Stones are one of my favorite all time groups as well, among others

• nancy drew
    nancy drew

i saw the stones in the late 60's at the Oakland coliseum with ike and tina turner and B.B.King I've seen some of the greats the doors in Ohio 68 and jefferson airplane in michigan I think country joe and the fish and many others.

• Dagney
  • scotoma
    scotoma

A kid I went to school with played piano with the stones for a while.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

For those that didn't see the concert last week of The Stones in Newark N. J. called One Last Shot

here it is in a torrent, its in a compressed file so you have to unzip it and it will play on your computer by using

VLC player, which is free to download if you don't have it.

Enjoy ..... its a good entertaining concert

http://thepiratebay.se/torrent/7931104/The.Rolling.Stones.Live.One.More.Shot.PPV.720p.HDTV.x264-SYS

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

After you view it come back and post your opinion or thoughts, I would like to hear what others think

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit