The Stones are touring...........kinda

by dinah 53 Replies latest jw friends

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Yes, I hear they are doing the senior citizen centers in most major cities.

They are calling this the Dementia tour.

• shamus100
    shamus100

** pokes Dinah with a very long stick **

• dinah
    dinah
    ** pokes Dinah with a very long stick **

I didn't know you cared!

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW

Don't forget Thursday night there's a documentary about them on HBO called Crossfire Hurricane

• dinah
    dinah

I don't have HBO, but I've been a fan or 30 years. It won't be anything I haven't seen before.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

I saw them a couple of times during the 80's and 90's, but as of late Mick's vocals are harsh to listen to.

When you see a 69 year old trying to prance on stage like he's a young adult it just looks bad.

I don't think I would see them again, it would spoil the good memories that I have.

• dinah
    dinah

Keith still looks cool.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

The problem with the Stones is that their popularity came from being a rebellious Rock and Roll band,

when you see people as old as they are now trying to appeal to that same youthful market,

it just seems weirdly out of place.

If you want to see them in action of recent times I would suggest grabbing a copy of Shine a Light video which was done in 2008.

• dinah
    dinah

I have Shine a Light. The thing is, we are still fighting against the same thing the Stones were fighting for. We've made progress. Have you read LIFE yet?

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW

Don't know for sure, but I would think that the majority of folks who follow the Stones remember them from "back in the day" I was just in elementary school when they first started and I've always like them MUCH better than the Beatles. I'm in my 50's, and those that are in the same age range as the Stones are 60 plus the folks who liked them when they first started that were in the 30 plus range are in their 70's and dare I say 80's.

Do they even attract young people these days?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit