The Stones are touring...........kinda

by dinah 53 Replies latest jw friends

• dinah
    dinah

I'm not paying more than our house payment for Vince and I to see a show. I will buy the video and watch it nekkid.

The last time I saw them was in 1994 at Legion Field with my best friend. We still say after all these years it was one of the best nights of our lives.

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW

I've noticed that the last few of their concerts usually end up on HBO, I'll wait.

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

I saw the Stones in NY in the middle sixties. In fact, I still have some fragments of a rose petal MIck threw out to me. I started in heaven which was barely in my price range and ended up only a few feet from Jagger. Location, Location, Location.

They are not my favorite group. I saw them during the last tour.

Never in my wildest dreams as a teen would I imagine they would have lasted more than a year. I have tickets to see the WHO in Atlantic City.

We are aging. It is very precious to show up and think of all the history that has elapsed. I loved the music but could not evaluate it in context.

It is awesome music. I could use Jagger's personal trainer.

• dinah
    dinah

I've seen them twice, Band. I saw them in 1989 for Steels Wheels and then again in '94 for Voodoo Lounge. In 1994, Keith was on his game and when he was introduced the stadium went freaking WILD! Counting Crows opened up for them and they were great. I think I'll hang on to that memory with my best friend in '94.

• Berengaria
    Berengaria

Three times for me, the first time was the best. Tattoo You. Steel Wheels and Voodoo Lounge. I did see Keith solo once, that was great.

Sigh. I'm old.

• dinah
    dinah

I was DYING too see Tattoo You. Turns out I didn't have a driver's license nor an alibi.

• shamus100
    shamus100

I heard Keith Richards is in a wheel-chair now and wears depends. ** ducks and runs **

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW

Steel Wheels ! One of my fave albums by them and I saw that tour on HBO

Love the songs "Almost Hear You Sigh and "Between a Rock and Hard Place" !

I remember the tour was in either 1989 or 1990, I was working at Viacom then and all the old geezers in my dept got comp tickets to the show, shouldn't reallly call them that, because I guess in the 60's they were probably the same age as the band.

• dinah
    dinah

Keith Richards is bad-ass. Don't you have faces to eat?

• dinah
    dinah

My fave from Steel Wheels was "Suck on the Jugular" and "I Go Wild"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit