The Stones are touring...........kinda

by dinah 53 Replies latest jw friends

• Dagney
    Dagney

Voodoo Lounge was my first Rolling Stones concert, opened by the Red Hot Chili Peppers. I know it was a big fat deal in my JW area going to a concert with the word "voodoo" in it. ** sigh** barf.

I love Keith also, I think we've chatted about it in the past. Did you read his biography?

Thanks for the heads up on the HBO show.

• dinah
    dinah

I read the Bio, Dagney.

You saw the Chili Peppers and I saw the Counting Crows on that tour. I really wanna see the Chili Peppers.

Maybe the whole Voodoo was what made us love it more.

• MinisterAmos
    MinisterAmos

Wouldn't piss on them to put out a fire after what they did to The Verve over Bittersweet Symphony.

Interesting story about how the big guys stole a song over a sampled bongo drum line.

• dinah
    dinah

I wouldn't piss on Mick.

Mick hasn't written much, but he handled the business end (still got halves on royalties for songwriting). Keith's solo albums are honestly better, or at least to me they were.

• James Brown
    James Brown

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MKC5cdGBY04

I Think the verve pipe stole a lot more than a bongo line from the stones.

It sounds like the whole song to me. Except for the chorus.

• Satanus
    Satanus

If you like kieth, you'll like his book. Came out a yr ago, or so.

S

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Have you read LIFE yet?

I understand what your saying, its their live performance which I'm talking about.

I have many of their albums.

• dinah
    dinah

I read Keith's book, it's titled "LIFE". It was a great read. I have seen them live twice, the last two tours I just got the video.

• brinjen
    brinjen

If they come to Melbourne I am so there... Don't care how old they are, they still know how to rock and they are one band I would love to say "I saw them live once" about.

• brinjen
    brinjen

The Stones and Green Day of course...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit