The Stones are touring...........kinda

by dinah 53 Replies latest jw friends

• Dagney
    Dagney

Last time I saw them was when the Angels won the WS, can't remember what year but it feels like 6-7 years ago. Sheryl Crow opened for them, or sang with them...forget. It was a great concert. Their show is never disappoints...fireworks, and Mick a very personable and entertaining showman.

I have Keith's book, but it's on the nightstand still waiting to be read.

• Satanus
    Satanus

The book is available as audio mp3, as well. I used to listen as i was driving to work. The guy didn't have an easy life, as a kid. There was a lot of interesting stuff, when he got famous. That they are still pumping it out says a lot.

S

• MrFreeze
    MrFreeze

Wow it seems like not too long ago they were in Pittsburgh while touring last time. Now I realize that was 6 years ago! They are getting pretty old.

Saw AC/DC last time they were in town. Old but they can still bring it.

• St George of England
    St George of England

Saturday 17th November is STONES NIGHT on BBC2, starts at 10:15pm, runs for about 3 hours.

George

• mind blown
    mind blown

.......still love the Stones ...last time I saw them Keith Richard's did a ballad which was beautiful.......he still has it and is the most musical of the lot......

• designs
    designs

dinah- I saw the Stones Voodoo Lounge tour at the Rose Bowl. They opened the show with Buddy Holly's Not Fade Away. We sat in a section surrounded by Hell's Angels, Classic night!

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

The Stones have superb opening acts. I saw B.B. KIng, Ike and Tina turner, Chrissie Hyne from the Pretenders, and others. These acts alone were the purchase price. It shows that the Stones are not afraid to have competition. The WHO and Paul McCartney-just shoot me until they come out. You are so glad that the opening act is over. The last WHO opener was so loud! I had paid a lot for the tickets. I was in tears b/c I thought the WHO would be just as loud. It was painful. I was going to leave.

I've read several places that for large rallies the Nazis played every irritating sound frequencies to the gathering crowd. They could not hear it but it put them on edge. When Hitler appeared, they stopped the noise. The people felt the relief and it made Hitler seem Messianic.

• Tater-T
  • FadeToBlack
    FadeToBlack

If you are at all curious about what the Stones were really capable of back in the day, find a copy of Ladies and Gentlemen: The Rolling Stones (a concert movie featuring the Britishrock band The Rolling Stones that was first released in 1974.)

Watch it on a good home theater system. Loud. I'd still go see them in a small venue if I had the chance.

• dinah
    dinah

I'd love to see Green Day as well.

Love the new song.

Also, my favorite part of seeing them was Keith singing a couple of songs.

Oh well, I promised the boy I'd try to take him to see Avenged Sevenfold when they come around again.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit