i have started my da letter !

by unstopableravens 65 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Scott77
    Scott77

unstopableravens,

Why not post a draft letter here on JWN for all of us provide feedbacks and editing advises? You cannot provide identifying location,names etc, just statements.

Scott77

• James Brown
    James Brown

I have been out of the tower since 1983. 30 years.

My wife and I just went to a large family JW wedding.

Our JW family had an expensive 40th wedding aniversary for my wife and I. 100$ a plate.

We both just stopped going to meetings. We didnt write any letters or get disfellowshipped.

My wife celebrates all the hollidays and decorates the house full tilt for Xmas.

My mother and brother who wrote letters dissassociating themselves are

not invited or welcome to any JW family festivities. They were not even allowed to come

to our 40th Wedding aniversary.

I wouldnt write any letters to the JW's.

If you do you are playing their game.

If you play their game you cant win.

The only person in the organization who cares about your letter is you.

But it will be totally used against you.

• WTDeserter
    WTDeserter

Mine was one sentence long: Undersigned no longer wish to be associated with Jehovah's Witnesses. Sincerely!

Earlier letters I wrote got such ridiculous responses - if any - that I did not see a reason to be lengthier.

Congratulations on your brave move!

• happy@last
    happy@last

I think the 6 pages are good for you by getting everything straight in your head, but won't fulfill anything else, a straightforward 'i no longer want to be known as a JW' will have the same effect on the elders as a full length article.

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

Couldn't you just write something simple like:

"I am deleting myself as a Publisher."

Rub a Dub

• unstopableravens
    unstopableravens

i understand the whole playing their game by writing a letter but i feel as though im still playing thier game by still being tech a "jw" by not being da or dfed we live in the basement apartment of her parents and im not trying give more info so i cant just fade i have tryed .so so frustrating lol i have to try to be positive or i will lose my mind.

• whathappened
    whathappened

Each person has to do what they feel is right for them.

For me, I just walked away. The congregation deserves no explanation from me. No one has asked for an explanation, I don't think they WANT to know. It has been two years since I abrubtly stopped attending meetings and going in service. Very little acknowlegement from them. Most of the do shun me, other's do not. 3 very brief, very generic calls from elders, no visits. They never gave a crap about me, why should I give them any of my time or effort?

You do what feels right to you and you will be OK. I know a part of you wants to save them from this cult. If you think it will help, do what your heart tells you to do.

Best wishes to you and I personally am happy to hear of you and others breaking free. Others will follow, others will follow.

• Left in the Cold
    Left in the Cold

I think writing out what you'd like to say could be very therapeutic, but I have learned and been told, when it comes to submitting a letter to anyone, it's usually best to keep it short and to the point. And I agree, they don't deserve six pages of your writing.

Good luck!

• exwhyzee
    exwhyzee
    i understand the whole playing their game by writing a letter but i feel as though im still playing thier game by still being tech a "jw" by not being da or dfed we live in the basement apartment of her parents and im not trying give more info so i cant just fade i have tryed .so so frustrating lol i have to try to be positive or i will lose my mind.

It seems like this is ego/pride thing more than anything else. I understand completly needing to be in charge of the situation and not wanting to let them off the hook for their misleading and unscriptural ways without you getting the satisfaction of putting your two cents in. However I think ultimately you'll pay a heavier price for this and they will continue to have the upper hand in the situation. If you fade and tell them nothing about your views of their teachings and are very vague about why you're not at meeting you'll have them over a barrel. You'll be giving them no ammunition...nothing to go on so they'' have no grounds to do whatever it is they do. A letter simply feeds their idea that they have some special authority over you, so much that you were compelled to write them a six page saga explaining yourself to them. The letter will probably be placed in a file somewhere and they'll have it forever. I'd say it's best not to leave a paper trail for them to dredge up against you. Make sure you're in the drivers seat from now on. You already know what happens when you take a back seat to these people.

• unstopableravens
    unstopableravens

yeah ur right it may be an ego thing, for me i was raised as a jw my dad was at bethel before he married my mom so my whole life has been around witnesses in my area so my non witness friends are few and now many witnesses are not wanting to be freinds so yeah its a mix of emotions

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit