i have started my da letter !

by unstopableravens 65 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• unstopableravens
    unstopableravens

i have wrote six pages so far it seems the more i write the more i have to say .i have many mixed thoughts its frustrating to have to go this. i wish i could just fade but that is not possable. how long were your letters?

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

What is your goal in writing a letter?

Letters can achieve a very narrow set of results. The unintended consequences can be numerous.

Ponder this: Being DF'd or inactive is very different from being an Apostate. People who write letters are Apostates. If you don't want to be viewed as an Apostate by 99.9% of all JWs (including your 'friends' and blood relatives) do *not* write a letter.

-LWT

• unstopableravens
    unstopableravens

hi lwt thanks for your comment my situation is very difficult i was ms for many years and when i had came to see the "truth" was not the truth i talked to the elders showed them doctrinal errors of the wt told them i could not with a clean conscience teach lies and i was not going to be a ms or pioneer they did not want me to but i did that was a few years ago . but my wife and family are and my family life is very hard and it coming from the people i want to help to see the ttatt and they all feel the same way is that if this is not what you believe than da yourself. it hard either way i have lost many friends already because i talked to them about questions

• Scott77
    Scott77

Good advise from LWT. You may want to consult New Chapter who recently submited her DA letter with a few lines.If you have health insurance, you might be advised to meet a counselor as needed.

Scott77

• Soledad
    Soledad

Ponder this: Being DF'd or inactive is very different from being an Apostate.

this is true. being df'd means you are an unrepentant sinner, being inactive means you are spiritually weak. the end result is the same though: you will be shunned.

what it boils down to then, unstop, is how do you want those who shun you to see you/label you. If you don't give a rat's behind, go ahead and write your letter and call it a day.

to answer your original question, my letter was 5 or 6 pages long. looking back, I could have shortened it significantly.

Perhaps you find yourself coming up with more things to say because you are still subconsiously working out your reasons. That's fine.

Do this: write a little at time, stop for a while, then go back to it. Repeat that as often as necessary, as long as it takes.

Then once you are satisfied with having said everything you want to say, start proofreading and editing.

Lastly, before you sign and seal your final draft, wait a full 2 days before mailing it or handing it in. Re-read it, then go for it.

My 2 cents.

• unstopableravens
    unstopableravens

as crapy as this is who knows if i will need a counsler im sure alot do

• Soledad
    Soledad

you will definitely need counseling unstop. plan for it. otherwise you will spend years making bad decisions because of unresolved pain.

the WT has betrayed us. this causes hurt. hurt can cause a large of amount of things to go wrong in our lives.

please consider it.

• unstopableravens
    unstopableravens

thanks soledad i have been doing that sorta lol i have been working on this letter for a little over a month i guess i care what a few people think but jws love to think of sexual immorality when it is announced unstopableravens is no longer one of jehovahs witnesses. this would be easier if my wife would allow her eyes to be opened and its going to be hard on my toddler as well.

• Soledad
    Soledad

wow you have a wife and a toddler. It's going to be tough unstop, count on it.

I've been DA'd since 1998, and just this morning my mom was on the verge of tears, pleading with me to speak with one of the elders, trying to convince me to come back into the fold.

It's not easy seeing that, but I finally reached a point about it where I can comfortably but lovingly take a stand.

I wish you the best.

• unstopableravens
    unstopableravens

thanks i know that had to be hard having ur mom emotional with you esp after 14 years out. what sucks is i have shown the wifey everything and she has more trust in the org than what the bible says. i know many on this site do not believe in the bible but i do and my wife does. that what is crazey if u believe in the bible and someone shows you wt error why would you still trust the org who lies

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit