Its sad how Americans think they are the center of the world regarding Sandy...

by mP 94 Replies latest jw friends

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

Well in Sunny South Africa the storm that hit the carribean and the east coast of amercia didn't make front page news. I mean there were reports of it on the local news, only our interantional cable (DSTV) that has CNN, BBC NEWS etc reported a lot more on the storm. Usually a country does concern itself with its own stuff first before looking abroad....just saying.

• z-monster
    z-monster

Tragedy usually brings out the best in people, but not always.

• XBEHERE
    XBEHERE

People just need to keep all this in the proper context. Carribean has what, few million people if that. The east coast of the U.S. has 50 times that many people or more. More people are being affected by this storm. Also its important to note that storms such as this are rare on the east coast. Additionally, the way life is structured here in the U.S we depend on all these things that people in other countries scoff at. Easy to purchase Gasoline, Grocery stores, etc. In other words you can not directly compare the eastern United States to the countries in the carribean.

Complain about America all you want but a disaster is a disaster period. Please lets keep prespective and realize that there are indivduals suffering this isnt about the government, or what country you live in.

• freydo
    freydo
    DesirousOfChangeRe: Its sad how Americans think they are the center of the world regarding Sandy... posted a day ago (11/4/2012)

Post 2190 of 2196
    Since 1/13/2011

This is the same bullshit we hear all the time about 9/11 like it was the worst most tragic evil event in history. 3000+ people die everyday in Africa, and they dont cry as often.

I'm sure they suffer and feel the pain in Africa or the Caribbean just as anywhere else in the world. Obviously the BBC and other foriegn networks must give far greater coverage to it that AP & UPI. Most of the ads I see about the suffering in Africa or South America are paid advertizing seeking my contribution to give assistance.

Sad thing is, most Americans take it all for granted. Bunch of fatass, limp wrist whimps. We no longer have what it would take to win WWII if it happened today. That generation is gone.

Yes and that generation has been replaced by 150 million Latinos, Mexicans, Yuppies and Blacks who choose the likes of Jesse Jackson and Al (Greaseball) Sharpton as leaders who elect a half breed homosexual Muslim POTUS and a challenger, a high Bishop in his religion that's like having a NY Cardinal running for office and that appeals to Billy Graham to remove from his cult list.

It's like Saturday night wrestling.

And on top of that, the weather forecasters are now able to predict with pinpoint accuracy that a superstorm was going to make an unprecedented 90 degree turn on the major population center of the nation to be followed up a week later with another storm to add insult to injury. CAN YOU SAY HAARP? AND OBAMA NEEDED AN EVENT TO INCREASE HIS CHANCE FOR RE-ELECTION AND GET EVERYBODY'S MIND OFF BENGHAZI?

• freydo
    freydo

SATURDAY NIGHT WRESTLING - with Candy "Don King" Crowley of CNN

Other cast of characters

New Jersey Governor - Humpty Dumpty

Vice Pres - Joe Biden

New York Mayor - Bloomberg

Obama - The long Legged Macdaddy

The list goes on.........

• atrapado
    atrapado

besty Billy said 'Internet'. Tim Berners-Lee invented the world wide web not the Internet. Huge difference. HTTP and HTML are extremly simple compared to the physical layer and TCP/IP that they go through. The Internet was created in the US. Also Tim developed the world wide web while at CERN in Switzerland.

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

LOL. I knew it was only a matter of time before a nutter blamed Obama for the storm. Gratefully, that won't be the norm. For most, concern has superceded politics for a minute.

• besty
    besty
    besty Billy said 'Internet'.

and I said "Glad that you are using a British invention to make your point :-) "

You seem familiar with the OSI model so it should be obvious to you I was accurately referring to the application layer ie - the layer that Billy is directly interacting with to make his point.

It was meant to be a humorous way of making the point that aside from the USA, other nationalities have had a major part in developing what we interchangeably refer to as 'the Internet' and 'the web'

Sorry the detail passed you by first time round.

Welcome to JWN - always nice to see a newbie :-)

Also worth noting

PS - with regard to the OP, Google News shows:
    87,000 results for the search term <"hurricane sandy" Caribbean>
    4,200,000 results for <"hurricane sandy" "East Coast">

which I make East Coast outweighs Caribbean 50:1, according to coverage by Google

• atrapado
    atrapado

besty I am sorry I miss the humorous part.

Since the Olympics where Tim was honoured as the "Inventor of the World Wide Web" some people assume he invented the Internet. What Tim did is just a small piece of the puzzle. But you are right the www as we know it was and is an international effort.

And thank you.

• freydo
    freydo

"Most thinking Americans are outraged about the cover-up pertaining to Benghazi. Questions about the deaths of four Americans, including a U.S. Ambassador, posed to Obama and his spokespeople have been met with vague, carefully worded, well parsed and deliberately misleading responses. Why? To cover up incompetence and intelligence failures? No, because there were no intelligence failures!

To say that the lack of response or calls for assistance was due to a communications breakdown is like calling a five alarm fire that completely destroys an important structure and everything in it, deliberately set to cover up a crime, an accident. And in this case, the fire department dispatchers are co-conspirators in the arson! In addition to not sending the fire company, they are now busy making sure that the fire investigators they are now sending to investigate what happened are maintaining their cover. While the public is aghast at the damage caused by the fire, they are not paying attention to the crime it covered.........."

http://www.canadafreepress.com/index.php/article/50824

And what about those 16 DEAD Navy Seals who were the EYE-WITNESSES to the CLAIM that Osama Bin Laden was killed by Obama?

It's like all those witnesses in Dealy Plaza that mysteriously died.

Meanwhile, the show goes on.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit